Fruit

freyaskitty
freyaskitty Posts: 50 Member
Wassail Ladies!

So, fruit. Love it? Hate it?

I'm in the "I like it but never manage to eat it" catagory. I buy it. I put it in sight on my table. It sits there and I throw it away. I cannot for the life of me figure out why this happens. I buy stuff I like, bananas, nectarines, mangos, etc., but for some reason, I just won't eat it. I also buy strawberries and blackberries and once they make it to the freezer, they sit there too.

I did make a nice nectarine crisp the other day. Fortunately, I was smart and kept it pretty healthy. LOTS of oatmeal, not a lot of sugar or butter. I snuck the leftover into my oatmeal yesterday morning and it was yummy.

So put on your amature psych hat and suggest why I do this? I'll also take suggestions on how you incorporate fruit into your daily diet.

Replies

• Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    When I buy fruit I try to get it eaten right away. Every meal gets a big bowl of mixed fruit added to it. It also finds it way into pancakes, waffles, shakes and desserts. Its true, if you put fruit in a bowl it suddenly becomes more decor than food, I don't know why, but a week later you'll be tossing it, but cut it and people will be walking by stealing pieces before it makes it to the table. Luckily my son loves fruit and any type of berry, melon, grape or pear won't last longer than a day.