Introductions...Write them here!

Options
2»

Replies

• shawashanah
    Options
    Welcome to our group! I am glad to you and your husband in our group! Please feel free to post any topic of your interest!
    Thanks for starting an HBCU Board. I look forward to sharing, meeting and discussing topics with you all. Well.....I represent two HBCU's. I did undergrad at Shaw University, Raleigh, NC (I got that Shaw U pride) and graduate school at Virginia State University, Petersburg, Va. I have so much love for HBCU's. Oh and I will add, my husband is an Aggie Man also.
  • DrAJ84
    DrAJ84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    UMES and Howard :)
  • shawashanah
    Options
    Welcome to the group Dr :)
    UMES and Howard :)
  • shay_7290
    shay_7290 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi everyone my name shay! and im a student at ncat AGGIE PRIDE :) nice to meet you all!
  • aspireforfitness
    Options
    Hey! I love my hbcu's! I'm so glad there's a group for this!! I go to Bowie State. I'm looking for more friends so feel free to add me or let me know if I can add you!
  • aspireforfitness
    Options
    I am so ashamed. :frown: I went to Clark Atlanta University from 1993-1997 and made it to my senior year with only 15 credits shy of graduation. Every year I said I would go back, but never did. I became a mother and wife. Even though I didn't graduate, those were some of the best years of my life!!! Oh, yeah...my name is Robin. :flowerforyou:

Hi Robin! My name is Amber. It is NEVER too late to go back! There are plenty of students in their 40s and even 50s that have kids that go to my school. And with only 15 credits left! That's one semester, easy peasy! I really hope you decide to go back to school one day. Even if you don't there's nothing to be ashamed of, life happens! If you can handle the challenge of weight loss (which i'm sure you can) you can knock out those last 15 credits! Even if you just take one class a semester it can be done! *motivational speech for the day haha*
  • ShaJ1
    ShaJ1 Posts: 13
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the HBCU Board!!!!:smile:
  • chemicalsatire
    chemicalsatire Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!!! My name is Marquita and I am a 2010 graduate of the illustrious Tougaloo College in Jackson, MS. I am currently a graduate student at Jackson State University, home to the SONIC BOOM of the SOUTH!!!!
  • hot2def
    hot2def Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! My HBCU has THE BEST BAND IN ALL THE LAND!!!! That's right...The Blue and Gold Marching Machine!! (Opened the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade this year also!!) I am here representing North Carolina Argicultural & Technical State University!!! AGGIE PRIDE!!!

I received my BA and MA at A&T and now I am teaching there!!! My life is AWESOME!!

i am so glad to see this board and for the record....AGGIE PRIDE is WORLDWIDE!!!!

GO AGGIES!!!
  • jwill113
    jwill113 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am Spelman College Alumna from the G.E.M.I.N.I. class of 2013. :) I just graduated May 19th, kinda feeling myself. It is refreshing to see a group of HBCU. Congratulations and good luck to all that are on their weight loss journeys.
  • Magnoliapyne
    Magnoliapyne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone!! I am a proud alumna of Morgan State University in Baltimore, MD. I graduated in 2009 with my BS in psychology. Since then I've gotten my masters in psychology and I'm just a year shy of finishing up my PhD. I rep my HBCU every chance I get. I had an amazing experience that has made me the woman I am today.
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Little late to join any type of group, but happy this is my first! Best homecoming, best chants,best people, and never met anyone that has been to my HBCU that didn't love my HBCU...HEEEEEEY TUSKEGEE woo woo woo!!!