Herbalife

Options
Lillyrose125
Lillyrose125 Posts: 33 Member
I just ordered one month of Herbalife. I was on this many years ago and was very successful. Even though I know this will only work if I also change my lifestyle so I don't gain it all back again, I am hoping as I get more active it will help me keep my eating down and change myself for good this time. I have about 100 lbs. to lose, but can't do it on my own and I need a diet that will keep the weight coming off so I stay motivated. When you have a lot to lose, it matters.

I bought off a supply distributor online so I'm not sure what meals I'm suppose to eat and how many calories per day. I want to do the two shakes (meal replacements) per day with the vitamins and some of the pills and tea I ordered.

Any help getting started would be great. I should be starting right after Labor Day.

Replies

• lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Just to two shakes a day, whenever you prefer, i tend to do mine for breakfast and lunch. I dont use reg milk, i use almond milk, two scoops of the shake and then whatever else you like and some ice, if your doing it in the blender. I make mine smoothie like usually or sometimes put sf ff pudding mix, i really dont like to cuz they are not the greatest for you, but sometimes you just need something different. My shakes w fruit usually come to alittle over 200 cals, i use 8oz of the almond milk but my coach told i could go up to even 12 if i wanted. Did you have any other questions? Let me know :)
  • twiglips
    twiglips Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy to send you a shake recipe list that I use just send me your email. I am a distributor but I won't try to sell you anything - I geniuinely helping people. I don't mix my shakes with milk - I use 8oz of water and 8oz of ice in my shakes and 2 level scoops of healthy meal, one heaping scoop of pdm. I usually have two shakes a day except when I'm working my 2nd job - sometimes it just doesn't work out. Until the last week, I've only been using the core products (healthy meal, protein, tea, cell activator, vitamin) but just added aminogen and celluloss. My diary is open, feel free to snoop around : )
  • Lillyrose125
    Options
    Thanks! I just started it today. I had my breakfast shake with a scoop of the protein and used skim milk. We were gone all Labor Day Weekend so I didn't get to the store to get anything else. Should I just have yogurt for my a.m. and p.m. snack? Can I juice with berries and veggies to get my fruits & vegetables in? For dinner, do I just have some protein and a small salad? I'm not sure how many calories am I allowed to have?

MFP gives me 1,260 per day, but at 248 lbs., that seems a little low?
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    you should really find out what your BMR is, I think it is your cals burned at rest. I have an herbalife wellness coach that told me to be around 1600. When I started the herbalife i was around your weight, so to me it does seem a bit low. But I get weighed on her scale that has all that info, like my BMR, lean mass and so forth, so I would definitely look into it if I were you. Not sure how tall you are but I am 5'5.

Also, look through the boards, I have seen quite a few posts on how to figure out how many cals you should be eating. Because I was told mine by my coach, one of the others might know how to figure it out on their own.
  • Lillyrose125
    Options
    I just found an Herbalife coach/distributor in my area so I hope that will help. Since 1,200 calories per day is what a thin person should eat, I wonder how MFP can reduce my calorie intake if they are starting me off on that. I did put in my resting heart rate, but anyway, thanks for your help.

BTW, I am 5.3.....