Thoughts on RNC speeches?

Options
I guess I should have expected the "banish Obama" tone, but somehow watching last night I was kind of surprised at how strongly the speeches were worded. I like that these people are not afraid to stand up and say things like this, knowing the administration is watching.

Two speeches that stuck out were Arthur Davis (former D congressman from Alabama) and Nikki Haley. Both very good speeches. I'm always happy to see minority Conservatives speak up and make sure people realize that Conservatism is still a place for ALL people's voices to be heard.

Anything stick out for you guys? Good or bad? We watched on FoxBusiness, but were disappointed that they didn't show all speeches. A rep from my local area was actually speaking and they were interviewing Ron Paul instead of showing the convention.

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I couldn't bring myself to watch any of that convention. After the crap that was pulled yesterday, from telling a candidate that he can only speak at HIS party's convention IF he endorses a different candidate, holding the Virginia delegates hostage on a bus to prevent them from interfering with the Rules Committee to the 300 Texas delegates that will filing a class-action lawsuit against the party to cutting the microphones when doing a roll call on delegate votes for Ron Paul to the entire rule change itself, I am horrified to even call this a convention.

The GOP just blatantly showed the world the most corrupt election process I have ever seen in my life, and I believe they are going to pay for it in the fall. Absolutely unbelievable. Despite the fact that I will no longer be able to vote in primary elections, I am leaving the Republican party to vote Independent.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I didn't see all of it and the parts I did see I kept getting distracted because my son kept talking to me but I did like Nikki Haley's speech. I also liked Anne Romney's speech. She seems like a delightful person and I like her.
  • kronos36m
    Options
    I liked Ann Romney's speech a lot. I think mainly because she's not a politician and it didn't sound like she was trying to be one. I also liked Chris Christie's speech because he just says what's on his mind and leaves it at that. Paul Ryan last night was amazing and I'm so glad he is on the ticket. He's smart, young and enthusiastic, just what we need. Can't wait to hear what Romney has to say tonight. He wouldn't have been my first choice as president, but he's so much better than what we currently have.
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Mandy: I don't know every state's rule, but in NC I am registered Unaffiliated, so I can vote in any primary...I just have to choose which one. I typically vote in the Republican primary. Fox Business aired an interview with Ron Paul, Mandy, and it was hilarious to watch him respond to Neil Cavuto asking him why he couldn't endorse the Romney-Ryan ticket.

I caught some of Ryan's speech last night...very well spoken. I also thought Condie made some very awesome points from a voter-education standpoint. I wish she would run on a presidential ticket.