Best headphones for running?

Options
bluefox9er
bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
Hi guys..I'd like your suggestions for decent headphones for running. I have used the adidas sport shenhieser ones that loop around the back of the head for running with my iphone.

They worked great but aren't very moisture resistant and in time they stop playing playback with a lot of stuttering and activating other apps. ( it's not the phone, I had it checked out by apple).

The 'in ear bud' headphones are awful, they keep popping out the moment you start running...

I don't mind spending the bucks for a decent set...all suggestions welcome. Also wireless bluetooth ones might be of interest to me.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bump for later,

I get so tired of having to continually put the ear buds back into place. Looking forward to this response
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    As soon as you find something let us all know! I am running with the in the ear buds and am ALWAYS adjusting them. I would just like great sound and light weight!
  • bluefox9er
    Options
    anyone???
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Well there is clearly a gap in the market for runner friendly headphones!

Business opportunity there for someone less lazy and more talented than me!
  • bluefox9er
    Options
    Well there is clearly a gap in the market for runner friendly headphones!

Business opportunity there for someone less lazy and more talented than me!

was thinking the same! but also a gap in the market for actually carrying an mp3 player whilst running..a lot of people don't like arm bands etc..

a custom mp3 player designed just for sports use with wireless headphones, waterpfoof for swimming with built-in HRM compatibility with facebook and mfp integration.

shall I write to Dragon's Den?
  • pabscabs
    pabscabs Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I use the the same headphones as you, they are the best I have used and I have tried everything.

In terms of players I use the nano 6 on a wristband instead of my iphone in an armband. I hate the armbands, they keep moving and slipping on long runs. Also, you have to stop to really be able to change the music.

But the nano is absolutely crap for exercising it doesn't work if your hands are sweaty as you can't use the touch screen. It's incredibly unreliable and it has bouts where it decides to turn the volume off every so often.

Do not get the Nano if you are going to be exercising. I got it because you could wear it as a watch and fasten the ear phone cable along your arm.

So in answer to your question, I haven't found the answer yet. Sorry.

Maybe whistling ???
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    im not gonna lie, i use the dollar store ones cause i lose so many... lol they work good for me anyways.
  • kateowp
    kateowp Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds. Crazy expensive, but the only ones that willstay in my ears for an entire run.
    https://www.yurbuds.com/
  • Suz_w8loss
    Suz_w8loss Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have gone through 3 sets of earphones this year, 1 of them just quit working & the other 2 kept constantly slipping out. At the suggestion of another runner friend, I bought the ones that go over the top of your ear & have not had any problems with them coming out. I think they are made by sony or jbl?
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I bought a set of the Sennheisers that are made for runners and they had great sound but the rubber adjusters and the earpiece covers pop off easily, so I tried a pair of Yurbuds and so far they are working perfectly -- they stay in during runs and my daily commuting and are very comfortable as well.
  • rexy3033
    rexy3033 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bose IE2 audio. They sell for about $100. I have used them for almost 2 years and my husband bought a pair for himeself too. The best I have found!!
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I have fried every single set I've used. I've gone through all the Philips sports ones, and the longest they've lasted is 6 weeks before a ear went. Then I went through several other types. I'm currently using cheap Philips ones that hook over your ears- they're not specific sports ones but they seem to last longer than he others. Plus I just take them back to the shop and swap them out for another pair when they go because they're still under warranty. I have 2 pairs on the go at once, and take both pairs on long runs because 1 always goes. I'm saving for the dre beats sports ones, but they're $250 nzd a pair.
  • kaytbaggs
    kaytbaggs Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have iron man with the cloth cords. Love them!!! The cord are heavy enough to not be flopping around when I run and the ear pieces stay in. I run in 90degree heat and snow, those buggers don't move!!! I got them for around $40 at best buy, thought they were pricey at first but they are worth every penny!!!
  • runforfun2day
    Options
    I also have the Iron man Yurbuds with the cloth cords they were about $40 and they twist into your ear and they don’t move at all. Definitely recommend them for the money.
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I have the halo headphones and love them. No problems running at all.
    I use them to listen to music or tv when lying around too. You can roll over and they aren't uncomfortable.
    http://www.haloheadphones.com
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Outdoor Tech's Tags. Bluetooth earbuds. They sound great stay put in your ear. They go for around $70.
  • mijohnst
    Options
    For a few years I bought the Nike buds that lay on the back of your neck. Very comfortable, but they have a known issue with the left bud going out. I switch over to a Phillips ear bud model that also lay on the back of your neck after my last pair of Nike buds broke. Never going back to those again. So far I've had these Phillips for 1.5 years with no problems even with the all the wear and tear I've put on them. I bought them at Best Buy for about $30 I think and I'd recommend them.
  • mijohnst
    Options
    Update to my last post... on my run today my Phillips ear buds went bad with the left side going out. Guess I'll be buying one of the models I've seen suggested here.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Ive been forced to spend the cash to ipgrade. Ive got monster isport immersions now. Theyre bloody waterproof! It comes with a bunch of different sized ear bits so you get the right fit. The havent dropped oit or broken down on me yet.