Day 17 - August 30th

Options
dvelocity
dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
I was just looking at all the members this group has. So few post very much at all.

Replies

• dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was an awesome day.

I struggle very much with speaking up for myself. I let my husband make most of the decision what are we going to eat for lunch, what are we going to eat for dinner, what are we doing after work, what are we going to watch on tv. After work yesterday he wanted to go to the bar. And I said no. It was unbelievably hard for me. Then I told him that I really did not want to go at all during the week. This is huge for me. I am very proud of myself and I hope that I can stay strong.

Calories were on point and exercise was good. Today I packed a snack to eat at work. I am trying out the wating more times a day thing. Never has been my style but I will try and give it a whirl a few days a week.
  • JennyDuffy
    JennyDuffy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    well done for speaking up for yourself! I live on my own so don't have someone to speak up to, except the little voice in my head that craves chocolate and icecream now and then, and that's hard enough!

Very productive day in school again, marking books ready for the new school year. then went to starbucks and resisted a hot chocolate and had a coffee light frappe instead! Got a friend coming round tonight so am saving some calories for a glass or two of wine for our catch up!

Still struggling to get back into exercise, but at least I'm sticking to calorie goal!
  • Rebeccawks
    Rebeccawks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I'm so proud of you dvelocity! Standing up for yourself is really hard.

I was in a rut yesterday. Calories were fine but I'm getting to the point when I'm tired of counting calories and being so mindful of food. I don't binge but I feel really restricted. I feel like this journey never ends (which, it kind of doesn't). I've been losing weight since I was 18 and am officially down 198lbs this morning, which is great, I know. I have about 20 left to be in a healthy weight range. I know that this time, more than any other, is when calorie deficit is hardest and the most important. But it is getting on my nerves. I feel like I can't eat out because everything on the menu isn't on MFP database (small restaurant) so I guesstimate. It's just aggravating. I'll get over it.

On a lighter note: I bought size 8 dresses yesterday! First time ever! Talk about an NSV. Even that hasn't really motivated me today. It kept me in check but I just need to get out of this funk. It's cool. I'm sure with a few jogged miles tonight and some lbs lost (hopefully!) I will be reinvigorated for next week. :)

Thursdays are my hardest days. (13+ hour shifts) and I don't eat dinner until I'm home, so it's late and so is my workout. Ugh... It's only once a week. I can handle it. And plus: Tomorrow's Friday. :-) And since it is labor day weekend here, a three day holiday is about to start. I"m going kayaking with my cousin (yay! nature + workout that ISN'T in the gym) I'm really excited about that!

Have a great day everyone!

Remember: Results come from overall consistency. One mistake won't kill you and one day won't change you. We can do this!!!

Becky
  • nikihampton
    nikihampton Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Today is the start of many ridiculous days in a row. Major stress and sure to be some arguing with my hubby. Busy days are actually great for me calorie wise because I don't have time to overeat. lol

Everyone have a great day. :)
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    well yep after yesterdays splurge I was up a bit but i know its sodium and if I drink lots of water it'll go

hopefully get some exercise in but 2yo has other ideas at the moment

hoping to have some fun this weekend but hubby is working so maybe not happening and school starts Tuesday yay (even though its only an hour )5yo very excited telling us how many sleeps it is