New as well and very active!

Options
I've tried it all weight watchers, spark people, now back to calorie counting. I have been diagnosed with and underactive thryroid for about three years. I am on a very low does of synthroid and my levels are normal however, i am unable to lose anything. My dr isnt very supportive, she just says i need to work out more which is laughable. I worked out 5 days a week when i was employed and now i am working out twice a day almost 7 days! I do cardio and combine weights, I also do hot vinasya yoga twice a week. This app suggested I have an intake of 1200 and its very difficult to maintain. Does anyone have some advice? motivation? I am 27 and I feel like I have been struggling with weight loss my whole life!

Replies

• rcav123
    rcav123 Posts: 20
    Options
    i have had low thyroid for 4 years now and i have been watching myself get fatter and fatter, i just stop taking my meds its been 1 week now i feel fine, when i stoped i was 164 today 160, its just a experiment to see if i lose weight, i also been taking rasberry ketone i'll try anything now
  • mariahealthyfit
    Options
    Hi my name is Maria
    I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid 3 ago. At the time I was very active and really happy with my weight. I'm 5ft 7 and I weighed 9 stone. Then I started to put on weight out of nowhere! I'm now 179lbs (but I've had a baby too!) Since I had my son 18 months ago, i haven't been able to get my thyroid under control. I'm on 175mgs of Eltroxin which is a high dose. I don't want it to get any higher! ... That's why I've joined MFP! I've only been on it for 6 days now but I have seen an improvement with the way my clothes fit and how positive I'm feeling. I'm glad because having an under active thyroid I have been feeling down and demotivated. I hope to even lose a pound most weeks. I'm going to really concentrate on eating clean consistently and working out. I think I get demotivated when I don't see any progress and I relapse to eating junk food as a comfort. So hopefully this will help. I wish everybody the best of luck. It is so much harder with an under active thyroid but I'm fed up letting it ruin and dictate my life for the past 3 odd years. Friend me and ask me anything if you need to. x
  • iambuttercup
    iambuttercup Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've tried it all weight watchers, spark people, now back to calorie counting. I have been diagnosed with and underactive thryroid for about three years. I am on a very low does of synthroid and my levels are normal however, i am unable to lose anything. My dr isnt very supportive, she just says i need to work out more which is laughable. I worked out 5 days a week when i was employed and now i am working out twice a day almost 7 days! I do cardio and combine weights, I also do hot vinasya yoga twice a week. This app suggested I have an intake of 1200 and its very difficult to maintain. Does anyone have some advice? motivation? I am 27 and I feel like I have been struggling with weight loss my whole life!
    You can lose weight, but it is harder then those that do not have a thyroid problem and it requires dedication and perseverance and dogged hard work to get result. Get your free T3 and cortisol checked and ensure you get the right supplements like Q10 etc. there are links I posted earlier in the group. It is easy to slip into weight gain when another person will still be losing. It is less about calories for us but more about regulating dosages, optimizing nutrients. I can gain weight on 1200 calories if my dosage and supplements and food choices are not optimized. You must keep your vigilance. And that is where I keep
    slipping. Lose 35 pounds. Feel good, relax and whoopla...it creeps back within months of loosening the reins.
  • Livinglifelovely
    Options
    Try the paleo diet. It is the ONLY thing that worked for me.