Spikes Log

Options
spikedkanji
spikedkanji Posts: 43 Member
Yaaaay I'm number 10! Thanks for letting me join. I agree, people get lost in the larger groups. Small is better.
Well, I've been going at this for awhile now, Have lost 15-17 pounds (depends on the day) Ultimately I'd love to get back under 200 some how. I know I have to take baby steps some times, but a push in the right direction is always helpful.

We can do it. 30 by christmas. bah, no problem. Right????
Looking forward to this.

Spike

Replies

• laurwillbelovely
    Options
    Well done on already losing Spike! we'll all definitely get there. Christmas time is summer for us in Oz, so bring on the beach after losing 20 pounds!
  • spikedkanji
    Options
    Today was a long day for me, waking up early to walk and stuff, then work till 130am. it wasn't the healthiest of eating days, but it wasn't the worst. (Jimmy Johns Sandwich) I know deli meat is filled with sodium, but i don't do it often, and i've been drinking a ton of water today. Wasn't in the greatest of moods coming home tonight, was almost tempted to stop by McDonalds on the way home from work. I drove past that. Then was trying to justify stopping by gas station to pick up a bag of chips or something. I didn't. I guess for a lot of people and myself, emotional eating is a dangerous thing, just like drinking booze or some other form of addiction. And knowing myself over the years my non-official bi-polar disorder hasn't helped me in the least. But I hope with this new part in my life, and new support I can push past some of that, and not binge eat, or punish myself by eating a double cheeseburger. (I think deep down inside it was punishment for some reason or another, but that's i'm sure for a shrink down the line). With groups like this, and the support from this site, and certain people. I can prevail, we all can prevail
  • devo182
    devo182 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job on passing mcdonald's. That same thing has been something I've had to work on this past go around. After a long day of work it is so easy to load up on bad food on the way home and "make a night of it". One of the best things I've ever heard is "replace bad habits with good ones" so I've been trying to replace this habit with working out late at night or going straight home and having a couple sugar free popsicles which are nearly like candy to me and tend to suppress that pleasure addiction which my brain is trying to satisfy by having me go through a drive-thru late at night. Just realize it's your brain trying to make you do it and you can overcome your subconscious impulses and rewire it in a positive way through habit.
  • spikedkanji
    Options
    Hey guys, Sorry it's been awhile. I went on vacation and tried to stay away from computer as long as i could. But no worries, even while on vacation i was mind full (99% of the time) of what I was eating and stuff. I even got a couple of good walks in. It helps that when you go on vacation, your with the one who's in it with you, trying to lose weight and be more healthy <3 We ate some really good foods, yes even had some beef, and a smidge of pork. The beef was really good, but eating the pork again, was eh,,,so I will stick to staying away from it. Got some Elk in there which is tough to come by down here in my neck of the woods (S. Florida). And after all that mess that I ate up there, I still managed to lose more weight up there. I believe from the time I started this blog to now, has been a total of like 7 lbs. Yaaaay! But now that I'm back home, and back to work, I'm finding it a little tough to get back on the track i was on the week before i went on vacation. I think i'm still tired and laggy from the time change and not walking EVERY Day. I did get a swim in today which felt good. and I hope to walk tomorrow before work. Wish me luck. ok, so 7lbs so far, 23lbs to go.,,,,lets do this
  • spikedkanji
    Options
    Got to go Walking this morning before work, felt good walking, but belly ache kinda cut it short. By Wed. I should be back in full stride, with my daily exercise and stuff. I know I need to push myself harder right now, cause my body is still like "Whoooooooaaaa" slow down, "what happened to that we we were just chillin and eating all that good food". I think I gotta smack my body around a few times to wake it up again. My mother goes away this week on vacation, I might sneak over and use her pool in her neighborhood. It's longer, and with less kids. I need a kick in the toosh.
  • spikedkanji
    Options
    Very Tired today, cause work schedule was a wreck this week, 3 hours of sleep last night. But after work this afternoon, i pushed myself to go swim,,,i needed it, and it was great no yelling kids. I feel a little guilty tonight, I had 2 beers with dinner. They Tasted really good. gotta make sure to drink more water tonight and tomorrow. I'm off on Wed. I need to get a long walk in,,,I have to have to have to.