U say Yogi or Yoga??! 8/31

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey! I really wanted to share this challenge and I realize some may be like "what?!?!" but try it...YOGA! I say try it because the benefits are huge! Do not think like I did in the past "oh that is for people who really don't want to EXERCISE!" YOU gain flexibility which is important bc it helps our muscles, cartilage, and joints all work in sinc together!

Have you ever seen a muscle dude and he can't bend over?! He has limited flexibility and flexibility helps us move with ease! We lose flexibility as we age but if we pratice yoga or just plain stretching we gain it back!
Another benefit is we learn to breath correctly which oxygenate our bodies and we gain a decrease in anxiety...

Try and let me know if hate it or like it or on the fence.
I thought this was a nice beginner video! It is not long either! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfvd8ZgU8rw

Peace and joy,
WW

Replies

• lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am in. I will post back tonight after I do this. Thank you Garlic.
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I love yoga, it's one of my fav workouts when doing p90x! I'm doing 30ds so will stick with JM and do her yoga meltdown today, I'll report back later x
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Was just debating whether to do circuit or yoga this morning. Yoga it is!
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yeah for yoga I will do this tonight!
  • debbiemacfarlane
    debbiemacfarlane Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    tonight after work for sure.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    i will have to put this off until tomorrow. the firehouse is really not a great place for yoga! but i will do it tomorrow!!!
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I have a yoga thing on the Kinect and often use it :-)
  • usernamekelly1
    usernamekelly1 Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    My day turn hectic, so I'll do Yoga on Sat and play catch up, I also used herbs today in cooking so did yesterdays :)
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    This felt awkward. I doubt I was doing it right. I think I needed to have someone here to pose me. Glad I did it. I will look for someone who knows yoga and I will have them show me. Thank you.
  • Crystaleyed
    Crystaleyed Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    That's funny I just bought a yoga DVD the other day :L I'll try it out and let you know what I think ... never done it before but always wanted to :)
  • bebifal
    Options
    Yea not a big fan of yoga. Did the beginners 20min DVD. I prefer Pilates