spotting?

Options
miranda_mom
miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
First, a little background: I have been on the pill for all of my adult life except for a year before I conceived my daughter and now since December. It took us a year to conceive my daughter. My cycles have always been long - during that year they were about six to eight weeks. Since December, I had one month long cycle and then a seven month long one. At this beginning of this cycle (so in mid August) I started doing BBT. I should also mention that that cycle took place immediately after my Metformin was increased.

Anyway, since August 12th, my temps have ranged from 97.6 to 98.1. Almost every day it is 97.7 or 97.8. I have had two spikes of 98.1 which were one which were on August 16 and August 25. However, these were one day spikes - the temp went right back down after that. Today's temp is 98.0. I don't think I've ovulated based on those temps but this morning when I woke up, I had two small light brown spots in my underwear.

Any thoughts on what is going on here? Anyone have a similar experience with their temps and/or spotting?

Replies

• mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Brown means old blood. It would be easier to figure out what is going on if we had a range of temps to confirm if there was ovulation. I know I start spotting the day before I start my TOM.
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    Thanks for your help!

8/12 - 97.7
    8/13 - 97.9
    8/14 - 97.7
    8/15 - 97.7
    8/16 - 98.1
    8/17 - 97.9
    8/18 - 97.9
    8/19 - 97.7
    8/20 - 97.6
    8/21 - 97.7
    8/22 - 97.8
    8/23 - 97.7
    8/24 - 97.8
    8/25 - 98.1
    8/26 - 97.8
    8/27 - 97.7
    8/28 - 97.8
    8/29 - 97.7
    8/30 - 97.8
    8/31 - 98.0
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    Maybe a new piece to the puzzle - I was checking around on Google and apparently there is something called "ovulation spotting". Wondering if I may be ovulating... I had never heard of that before but there is even more spotting now - so basically throughout the day. What I've read about "ovulation spotting" says it occurs for about a day or two and has to do with the egg busting out and causing a bleed from the ovary, not the uterine lining. Or it's just some random thing. As usual, I have no idea what my body's doing!
  • mistresseeyore
    Options
    There isn't a clear ovulation shift. Temps rise point 4 degrees and stay higher than the previous 6 temps to confirm ovulation has happened. By the time this shift confirmation happens it's to late to get pregnant. There is ovulation bleeding. How has your mucus been?
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    That's the thing - I haven't noticed any major changes with mucus. This morning I thought it was more slippery than normal but I was at work so I couldn't really check. :embarassed: Now it seems slightly stretchy but I certainly wouldn't say "egg white."
  • mistresseeyore
    Options
    Sounds like you're in the middle of your body trying to ovulate.
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    I can't thank you enough for your help. We'll see what the temp says the next few days, eh?
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    Temp was back down to 97.7 so... nothing yet.
  • mistresseeyore
    Options
    Do you use FertilityFriend.com? Get a free account, input your temps and it will help you pinpoint the date of ovulation.
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    I'm on already - thanks!