How much water is too much water?

Options
kenzietate
kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
Hi Ladies,

I have seen so many posts about making sure you are drinking enough water....but I am wondering if there is a point where you are drinking too much?

I don't drink anything else very often during the day. Lately I have had a root beer or a Monster every now and then and sometimes milk or juice. But the majority of the day I am drinking water. I will usually go through about 6-10 of my 23.5 oz cups a day. Depending on the day sometimes even more. I have always heard the recommended about is 8, 8oz cups which is 64 oz. I am drinking from 141 to 235 oz a day. Is it possible to drink too much water? I honestly feel icky if I don't drink that much water every day.

Any input would be appreciated! :-)

Replies

• lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Not at all, just make sure you are replenishing with nutrients because water does flush you out. I drink between 150 to 175 oz of water a day, and l would not feel good if I didn't. But water is all I drink lol I have never been a pop drinker (used to drink it with liquor but try and always do club soda now if i do drink) so if I'm not drinking my water there is nothing else! lol

I think the only time it can be bad is if you drink an enormous amount in a very short period of time. That is what I have heard at least!

I think if it is working for you and feel great drinking that much, I don't think there is anything wrong with that. Our bodies are mostly made up of water, we need it!! :)