Am I going too low on carbs?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'd just be careful not to go too low in calories.
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is great to read!! How much weight have you lost since starting?? I definately think it is the right diet for me, I feel better and I am not hungry all the time!

What exersize do you do? I really struggle to enjoy exersize (apart from dog walks) so find it hard to do it - terrible attitude I know!!

I started eating this way and serious exercise almost a year ago and have lost almost 100lbs. Right now I am doing Insanity but before I started with Jillian Michael's workouts and is what physically prepared me for Insanity. I started with 30 Day Shred, moved onto her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, as well as No More Trouble Zones. I then moved onto her 3 month program Body Revolution. I lost 21lbs with her 3 month program and I am 2 weeks away from finishing my first round of Insanity.

If you need to take in more calories without adding in carbs you could introduce more lean protein into your diet. Chicken, beef, pork, turkey, fish and certain cheeses will help. I used to have string cheese as a snack but those 1gram of carbs adds up during the day, so I switched to colby jack cheese. It has more calories, more protein, but no carbs. I also drink protein drinks to help boost my calorie and protein intake without adding in too many carbs like Premier Protein and Isopure.

Huh.... this is very interesting. I may have to try lowering my Carbs. I generally eat around 125 grams a day. But my weight loss is very slow. Quite frustrating.

edited for;
    I was just looking at my diary. I don't know how I could eat below 50 grams. I mean I eat one grapefruit and I am already at 25 grams. Was it hard at first to adjust your diet? Are you eating any fruit?
  • katedavies1986
    katedavies1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The first week is HARD but then after that you sort of loose the cravings and want for carb food!! Have a look at my dairy, I am under 20 grams of carbs (Monday - Friday)- yeh, some people say that is too low but I completely believe that everyone is different - I feel amazing and so much happier than when I was living on carbs!!

I don't really eat fruit, berries maybe a couple of times a week but I don't miss it even though I used to love it! I eat vegetables and salad and meat!
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    katie,

I looked at your diary and you are eating under 1200 calories/daily? Are you recording everything? Really, you should be eating more at 250 lbs. Eating that low can cause a stall in the long run.
  • katedavies1986
    katedavies1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I try to hit 1200 calories but don't always hit it - I am not hungry one bit!

I believe that every person is different, and if I eat 1000-1200 I feel full and healthy surely it won't harm me!?

It is hard to eat more calories when I don't want to eat more carbs.....