caffeine?

Options
Anyone had any success with cutting out caffeine? Looking around the web, I've seen mixed research for healthy people but for PCOS, I've seen mainly that it will help to cut it. I hate to do it because I love coffee but I'm going to give it a shot to see how it goes.

Replies

• sunnymel126
    sunnymel126 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I :heart: coffee!!!!! I feel your pain. I have to cut it out also. I imagine I will go through withdrawal. I am trying to ween myself off slowly. So far it is working. Good luck!
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I know I have pretty much cut caffeine out of my diet. I drink decaf tea and coffee. Now every once in a blue moon I drink Coke Zero. If I go overboard though I can feel myself bloat. I do know caffeine causes your body to retain fluid, which may be why it is good for us PCOSers to stay away from it.
  • misscrys1985
    Options
    I quit drinking caffeine in March of this year. I used to drink 5 or 6 Caffeinated drinks a day! I started out by mixing half decaf with half caffeinated to lessen the headaches from caffeine withdrawal. I love diet sodas so it was easy for me to just start mixing caffeine free diet Pepsi with regular diet Pepsi. After1 or 2 weeks I was off caffeine completely without any headaches! I do miss the occasional coffee I would have, and I really miss my McDonald's sweet teas. LOL. I sleep better though and can go to sleep hours earlier! I really don't miss the effects of caffeine. I also drink more water because there aren't a lot of caffeine free choices at restaurants.
  • luckylissette
    luckylissette Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I completely stopped drinking sodas months ago. I still have my morning cup of coffee with splenda (at work) instead of sugar or stevia (at home). I'm trying to cut refined sugar out of my diet all together because of the PCOS. I have heard too much caffeine can make it difficult to get pregnant, but that a cup or 2 a day would not be bad. I just can't seem to stop my morning coffee routine.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I have no pregnancy desires but I'm not sure why cutting caffeine would help? I actually add freeze-dried coffee to my morning smoothie. Caffeine can also give your metabolism a minor boost.