Saturday Wk2

mlashay
mlashay Posts: 166 Member
Happy weekend challengers!

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday (12 hour shift at work was exhausting). But if you have a joke or funny you really wanna share please feel free to post it with your motivational quote as well :happy:

Happy and motivated is a fabulous combination.

How's everyone been sleeping this week? Other than last night I have done pretty well with 8 hours. Today I slept close to 10 :ohwell: again exhausted, and it's sometimes nice to just not have to set an alarm and wake when your body wants. But I am determined to become a morning person by the end of the month haha especially since school is starting then.

Alright! On to the motivation!

"The number one reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of far they have gotten." -Unkown

"Never be afraid to fall apart, because it is an opportunity to rebuild yourself the way you wish you had been all along." -Rae Smith

I have been so up and down on my journey that sometimes it gets discouraging and I feel like giving up. But somehow waking up the next morning I want to do better, and even if its just an inkling of motivation I try to hold on tight to it to keep myself going.

Never, NEVER give up. Always remember why you started in the first place. It may not happen as quickly as we'd like and definitely not as easily...but I promise it will be worth it :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Happy weekend challengers!

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday (12 hour shift at work was exhausting). But if you have a joke or funny you really wanna share please feel free to post it with your motivational quote as well :happy:

Happy and motivated is a fabulous combination.

How's everyone been sleeping this week? Other than last night I have done pretty well with 8 hours. Today I slept close to 10 :ohwell: again exhausted, and it's sometimes nice to just not have to set an alarm and wake when your body wants. But I am determined to become a morning person by the end of the month haha especially since school is starting then.

Alright! On to the motivation!

"The number one reason why people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of far they have gotten." -Unkown

"Never be afraid to fall apart, because it is an opportunity to rebuild yourself the way you wish you had been all along." -Rae Smith

I have been so up and down on my journey that sometimes it gets discouraging and I feel like giving up. But somehow waking up the next morning I want to do better, and even if its just an inkling of motivation I try to hold on tight to it to keep myself going.

Never, NEVER give up. Always remember why you started in the first place. It may not happen as quickly as we'd like and definitely not as easily...but I promise it will be worth it :flowerforyou:

I absolutely love those quotes! I shall save them for later reference.

I like this 3:

"If you always eat what you've always eaten, you'll always weigh what you've always weighed"

^ I use as a motivator when I'm craving french fries LOL

"When it seems like things are against you, just remember that an airplane takes off against the wind" - Henry Ford

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're always right" - Henry Ford
  • Those are all great quotes...

Sometimes I tell myself "Nothing taste as good as skinny feels" but then I think it's been soooooo long since I was skinny, if I ever was skinny, that I don't even know what it feels like! lol

I keep this quote on my profile, and it's always been one of my favorites...
    "Don't be afraid to change. You may lose something good, but you may gain something even better."

And another one that really helps me... "A year from now, you will wish you started today" I can't even tell you how many times I've thought this.... If I would have started last fall I might not be embarrassed to put my swimsuit on now... If I had started last spring, I'd be skinnier for the holidays now... etc... I don't want to ever have to wish these things again, so this time I'm sticking with it!!!!

Have a great weekend y'all!

• And another one that really helps me... "A year from now, you will wish you started today" I can't even tell you how many times I've thought this.... If I would have started last fall I might not be embarrassed to put my swimsuit on now... If I had started last spring, I'd be skinnier for the holidays now... etc... I don't want to ever have to wish these things again, so this time I'm sticking with it!!!!

I love that one! A year from now I'll wish I'd started a year from then LOL

I think it was Confucius that said the only constant thing in life is change.
  • I love your quotes :flowerforyou: and let me just add one myself

Every ceiling, when reached, becomes a floor, upon which one walks as a matter of course and prescriptive right.
    Aldous Huxley

well i figured that's just what we're doing with those weekly challenges :) ... floor by floor and eventuelly we'll be on top of the world :drinker:
  • These 3 always motivate me! Now matter how hard it gets, or how bad it hurts, you have to keep pushing! You have to believe in youself! :)

Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever. - Lance Armstrong

Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles. - Alex Karras

It's the lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself. - Muhammad Ali

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :)
  • Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very fast.
    ~ Thomas Jefferson