motivated

Add on to this message with you workout minutes a day!

Replies

• 50sBeachWalking
    50sBeachWalking Posts: 63 Member
    I walk for an hour at a 3 to 3 1/2 an hour pace any where from 4 to 6 days a week trying to do a couple of the walks on Lake Mi. beach. When I do relax and watch TV, I sit on an exercise ball and move around the whole time. It has done wonders for strengthening my abs and core and also is fun and invigorating. I also do some light lifting a couple of times a week mainly for upper body strength and toning. I'm finding out that diet is a lifestyle, not a program along with physical activity. When I don't walk on a day, I feel like I missed something. I walk by myself without any electronic devices, and is a great time of getting away from the daily stresses and enjoying the sites and sounds of things around me.
  • DaveMurphy6
    DaveMurphy6 Posts: 130 Member
    I do the Body for Life Program.. Six 30 minute work-outs a week. Three Cardio and Three weightlifting sessions. Rotate type of exercise every 30 days and take a week off every 90 days.

Each weight training is 6 sets( a set of 12 reps, 10,8,6, 12, 12) for each area increasing the amount of weight each set..lowering it for the last two.

example..6 sets for chest..6 sets shoulders..6 sets triceps..6 sets biceps..6 sets back etc.

Lower body is done as another workout

I also throw in 200 sit ups (a variety to work different areas). 3 times a week.

I use a variety of free weights and machines and mix them up monthly. I use machines for my lower body almost exclusively as its easier on my back which I have had past issues with.

I usually workout between 45 min and an hour each time. Due to drive time and dressing time at this point for me its more economical time wise though 30 minutes 6 days a week would be ideal So I may do 45 minutes of cardio and situps or 30 cardio and upper body. Plenty of room for variety

I have found this to be an excellent workout with enough variety to keep me coming back. I have been doing this for about 7 years now.The important concept is Body for LIFE not 6 weeks or 6 months or until I reach a certain weight.. I work every day I eat every day why cant I exercise every day?. and if I miss a day or two I just get back to the routine and move on

Good luck and hope you get some good ideas