Gained 7 pounds!!!!

Options
I can't believe it I gained 7lbs since my last weigh in, I did start a new exercise this week, could it be water weight?

Replies

• VickyJo68
    VickyJo68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hi

I did something similar when I first started exercising and I asked my personal trainer about this and he said it is most likely your body fighting a bit because of something different. All I can say is stick with it and as long as you stick with it the weight will come odd. Just remember too that muscle is denser than fat so measure yourself too.

Vicky
  • buffyangel2000
    buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think I found out why, it's that time of the month, I was wondering why I felt so bloated this week and hungry.
  • VickyJo68
    VickyJo68 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Probably a bit of both, but at least you now have something else that might also answer some of the gain. Good luck for next weigh in xx
  • sareyezz23
    Options
    I would deff think about it being that time of month I gained around the same and I just waited the next week and lost it all plus more so it's prob that. Just weigh yourself next week and forget about that gain. Doesn't count in my eyes :) besides its how u feel sometimes. If u feel good then keep that feeling weight is jus a number doesn't tell u how ur feeling or looking. X
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Agreed. If it's your TOM, the scales are up. I don't get those anymore, thankfully, but I still get the damned bloated feelings and I often do gain up to around 5 pounds because of it. I've read posts that other women have gained as many as 10 pounds water weight during their TOM. Give it a week, drink a lot of water and stick with it. You WILL do it!
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    No more TOM's for me either thank goodness, but like Gayje, I still bloat regularly too.

Stay with your regimen Buffy, and keep moving forward. Feel how your body feels better as you take the steps towards being healthier. :)
  • anamy90
    Options
    Hate TOM I get bloated, gain weight and go up a bra and pant size. Like having a week of been extra fat.
  • sareyezz23
    Options
    Ive noticed since starting this that if it's my TOM and I drink tons of water as I'm usually extra thirsty I wee alot! And It usually keeps the water weight at bay only usually few pounds but I don't notice it
  • buffyangel2000
    buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well I will weigh myself on Sunday to see if I have lost weight. Today I don't feel as hungry or bloated, yesterday was horrible.
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    TOM weigh gain is normal (another unfortunate side effect of being female..lol) also if you've been exercising alot it's probably water weight - giving a day's rest between workouts will help with that and it'll get less as you continue working out. Keep with it and dont focus on the scale as much as inches lost and how you feel in general. You'll get there!!!