New to MFP - how do you do WW and MFP?

Options
Hi everyone. . .I am new to MFP. . I originally joined WW last november and lost 25 pounds by April. . .for lots of lame reasons, I went off track and gained about 10 pounds between May - July. I got back on track in August, but its been painfully slow and frustrating.

I also got a Fitbit. . .

But having trouble figuring out how to make MFP and WW work together. . .seems like WW allows lots more food (I get 26 points daily) between daily points, 49 extra and the exercise. With MFP, to lose 1 lb a week, they set me at 1200. So, on the days that I don't exercise I seem to never be able to stay under that.

Basically do you guys double track? Do you track on one over the other?

Any advice, thoughts, hints would be so appreciated. Thank you!!!

Replies

• bmacholiday
    bmacholiday Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I track my points on WW's site and come here for support and motivation. Initially I did both, but it was too much tracking and made me a little nutty comparing the two.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i do just WW tracking. like holiday said too much tracking if you do both. you will drive yourself nuts with all the different tracking. for me it's just one. i do on here if i just want to see where everything is at. but, it's just a day or two. i have been on here for years, so i have great friends that i come here for.
  • gal_amy
    Options
    i do just WW tracking. like holiday said too much tracking if you do both. you will drive yourself nuts with all the different tracking. for me it's just one. i do on here if i just want to see where everything is at. but, it's just a day or two. i have been on here for years, so i have great friends that i come here for.

Wow! congratulations on 94 lbs lost! Did you buy the new Active Link?
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    don't know what the active link is.
    i just do my WW and the gym, running. i haven't lost it all on WW. some from counting carbs.
  • shlobiwan
    shlobiwan Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I track on both, using MFP to keep me in check. Ultimately, Points rule. I keep to my points and then make sure I'm not gloriously under on MFP.

I also chose Fat, Carbs, Fibre, Protein as items to track here since the Canadian WW database ain't what it was before they went to Points Plus. Helps me do some quick Point calculations.
  • gal_amy
    Options
    I also got a Fitbit. . .
    But having trouble figuring out how to make MFP and WW work together. . .seems like WW allows lots more food (I get 26 points daily) between daily points, 49 extra and the exercise. With MFP, to lose 1 lb a week, they set me at 1200. So, on the days that I don't exercise I seem to never be able to stay under that.

Basically do you guys double track? Do you track on one over the other?

Any advice, thoughts, hints would be so appreciated. Thank you!!!

Easy question for me to answer.

I have a leader that doesn't even use etools. She said the paper tracker was more gratifying.

So all you have to do is buy the little $5.95 points calculator (I keep it in my purse) and just don't put free fruit and free vegetables in your daily food. I like to enter them, (as separate catagories - Fruit and the other as Vegetables) as I am interested in comparing total calories and points, but I stick with points over the calories in my fitness pal.

Oh, and the paper tracker is also $5.95.

MyFitnessPal also has a build your own recipe section.

I linked my fitbit to MFP and it is AWESOME, watching them work together.

Any more questions, please ask.

I don't use etools at all and use the pocket guide to figure out my AP. So that would just leave you meetings to attend, if you like them.

Amy