Cauliflower Pizza -- I made it -- ITS GOOD

Options
apyt2c
apyt2c Posts: 13 Member
Hello,

This is the recipe I used for cauliflower pizza, however I tweaked it. I used Medifast
cream of brocolli in the crust and Vegetarian sloppy joe in the pizza sauce. I find it good.
I got the original recipe off Skinnymom.com

Cauliflower Pizza

When I first heard of Cauliflower Pizza, two thoughts came to my mind, the first being that it sounds impossible to make cauliflower into pizza, and the second being that there is no way that this could taste good. I was wrong on both counts! Turning cauliflower into pizza dough proved to be pretty easy and it tasted so much like real pizza, it was delicious! I will be making this recipe again and I plan to experiment with the toppings and the sauces. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Makes 6 Servings:

Ingredients:
Pizza Crust and Pizza Toppings

2 cups uncooked frozen cauliflower (you can use fresh, but I used frozen)
1 Medifast Cream of Brocolli pouch
1 egg white
1 tbl sp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb
1 tsp salt

cauliflower pizza steps

Directions:

Preheat Oven to 425 degrees.
Microwave cauliflower for 3-8 minutes until cooked through.
Grate Cauliflower on the small hole grater -- It should make two cups
Place cauliflower on a paper towel and let the paper towel draw up any remaining moisture.
In a bowl mix 1 Medifast Cream of Brocolli and 1 Tblsp Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb, add 1 egg white.
Mix well and make sure all of the mixture is smooth and thick.
Place a piece of parchment paper onto a pizza pan. Heavily coat parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray. You can not use aluminum foil or wax paper as the cauliflower will stick to pan.
Spread cauliflower onto parchment paper. I start by spooning large amounts of cauliflower on the outside of the pan and working my way to the inside. Make sure to spread the cauliflower mixture as thin as possible.
You now have your pizza dough. Bake the dough in oven for 20-22 minutes until the dough is golden brown and bubbly.
Remove crust from the oven and turn oven onto Broil.
Add pizza sauce, 2 cups of imitation mozarella cheese, and put back into the oven until cheese is melted.

Nutrition Info Per 1/6 of Pie: COMING SOON --- Calories: xxx, Fat: x.xg, Carbohydrate: xg, Fiber: x.xg, Sugars: x.xg, Protein: x.xg

Skinny Pizza Sauce

Makes 1 Serving for whole pie

Ingredients:

6 ounce tomato paste
6 ounce water
1 Medifast Vegetarian Sloppy Joe pouch

Mix all ingredients in a medium size bowl using a whisk or spoon. Refrigerate sauce for 10-15 minutes before using to allow ingredients to blend. Freeze or refrigerate extra sauce for future use.

Nutrition Info per 1/10 of sauce: Calories: 14, Fat: .1g, Carbohydrate: 3.2g, Protein: .7g, Sugars: 2.1g, Fiber: .8g