Meals on campus...

Options
I am starting this thread to give and get ideas for meals away from home and not from the cafes and fast food places on campus. This is going to be my challenge.

I'm going to be on campus most of the time this year, and am working in two offices. I think I can handle that. I am going to try the following food ideas so I can stay on track:

Refrigerator oatmeal (using almond mild instead of dairy)

Lettuce wraps (with turkey, tomato, and a touch of light ranch)

Vegetable antipasto salad

the usual salads with lots of greens

fruit salads with cottage cheese

Replies

• jessiekins123
    Options
    Do you have a fridge in your office area? I try to bring healthy snacks and keep them in the fridge (like low-fat cheese, greek yogurt, fruits/veggies). I also make sure to drink a lot of water all day so I don't feel as hungry! For meals, I usually either pack a sandwich, or microwave a Lean Cuisine.

So far this semester those things seem to be working for me!
  • Kenasam
    Kenasam Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like the food ideas you listed. I'm not familiar with refrigerator oatmeal, but will look that up on the internet. I'm always in a bind when I go to teach at the college. As an adjunct, they do not give us any office space in the department where I teach and thus, there is no refrigerator. But if I plan properly, I should be able to pack foods for eating in an insulated bag.