Anyone from Akron Area?

Options
Hey guys!

Was wondering it there was anyone here from Akron and the surrounding suburbs? I'm living there now and thought maybe we could do some sort of work out meet up sometime? Or just be supportive to fellow Akron-ites?

-Mari

Replies

• RunningOnPurple
    RunningOnPurple Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ooh! Ooh! Pick me!!!!!!! I'm from Akron! :D
  • mariclemm
    Options
    Ha! Good thing I just happened to check in on this thread! XD

Maybe if we get a few more responses we can think of something to do?
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm in Akron too
  • mariclemm
    Options
    Awesome! Maybe we can think of something to do before it starts to snow? Maybe like a hike somewhere or something? Thoughts? I have a membership to the Y, so if you guys do too, we could always doing something there as well, like a class.
  • RunningOnPurple
    Options
    I also have a Y membership. Mine is through Stark county, but they do cross over. I'm not sure if I could hike or not because of my knee. I'd probably need to take my cane along, at least. There are plenty of nice paved trails and stuff along the towpath.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I belong to the Nat in Cuyahoga Falls. I like the towpath hike idea, I have 2 different towpath parking areas within a couple miles of my house
  • RunningOnPurple
    Options
    I used to go to water aerobics at the nat way back when before and shortly after the rebuilding of it. The towpath sounds like a good option then. It's probably the most centrally located between the two of you and it's not that much of a drive for me.
  • mariclemm
    Options
    Sounds like the Towpath would be good then! We should probably get it in soon before the weather gets much worse! Of course we can always bundle up and go walking. I don't know about you two, but weekends would be best for me.
  • Adshill
    Adshill Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm in Canton now, but I grew up in Akron. :smile:
  • RunningOnPurple
    Options
    Welcome!. :) Truth is, I live right on the Stark county border so I'm not far from either.
  • RunningOnPurple
    Options
    Weekends are best for me, but a bit tricky with my fall shows. But I'm sure we can figure something out.
  • mariclemm
    Options
    Well, we can meet at one of the Towpath Parking areas... how about next Saturday? The 10th? Maybe we could even find some place nearby to eat a healthy meal? Breakfast, lunch, whatever depending on what time works for everyone?
  • RunningOnPurple
    Options
    I have a show both Saturday and Sunday next weekend. I am free the weekend of the 17th. Or, feel free to go without me and I'll catch up with you guys next time or in the Spring.
  • mariclemm
    Options
    The 17th would work just as well for me :)
  • RunningOnPurple
    Options
    Cool!
  • mariclemm
    Options
    So, it looks like the 17th isn't going to work. :(

Maybe we can revisit this when it's warmer?
  • RunningOnPurple
    Options
    Yeah, either that or we all meet at a mall and chase each other from store to store for exercise. :laugh: Although, this time of year it would probably be more like a game of dodgem. :smile:
  • harleigh67
    Options
    I Live in the Valley, I do not drive but if you ever want to get together and walk the trail give me a buzz!