Friendly reminder

Options
Today I went out to check the straps on my ladderstands. They are on private land and stay out all year. 3 of the 4 stands had broken straps and needed to be replaced and another lower strap broke when I pulled on it. Just take a minute to check all of your gear it could save your life!!!

Replies

• hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I do it every year, but it is only on my rifle stands. I always use a climber during archery.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Great reminder, thanks!
  • bustinhides
    bustinhides Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Always goo to pull them after season for repairs,they will last twice as long
  • RavenhairedWoman
    RavenhairedWoman Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    My dad and I just spent a few hours setting up our stands in the park that our hunt group manages for a county d-pop program in NoVA. Since we have to take the stands down after the season we wanted to get them up as soon as we were allowed to do so. Now we just have to wait until the season officially starts. I have the first three days of the season off so I am looking forward to fulling up the freezer early this year. Really optimistic about our stand placements this year. Already seeing some early scrapes and rubs. Hoping that the bucks are running does by the time the park season starts. I've got to knock down at least two does before I take a shot at a buck but we have seen some nice ones in the park already. Some big does as well. I'm in it for meat in my freezer and the enjoyment of hunting, but I wouldn't mind getting a nice buck too.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    well good luck to you!! and remember venison is lower in fat and calories then white meat chicken!!!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    well good luck to you!! and remember venison is lower in fat and calories then white meat chicken!!!

Plus venison is awesome!
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options

And the real bonus - it DOESN'T taste like chicken!! :bigsmile: