How long did it take you to reach 140/100/180? (300/225/400)

Options

Replies

• jackoninny
    jackoninny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @150lbs

Squat 140kg 300lbs - 4.5 months
    Bench 100kg 225lbs - 5 months
    Deadlift 180kg 400lbs - never
  • Zero2hero2013
    Options
    its taken me around 18 months to hit all of them aswell, although i hit the dead lift with in 6 months, squats 14 months, and bench 18 months.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Males
    Squat 140kg 300lbs
    Bench 100kg 225lbs
    Deadlift 180kg 400lbs

Hard to say as I used to powerlift a long time ago. But since lifting 3-4 years ago, I'm at:

Squat: 335lbs
    Bench: 225lbs x 2
    Dead: 365lbs

Hope to reach the 400lb dead in a few months?
  • BrofessorPHD
    BrofessorPHD Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I never maxed out along my journey...i just did recently and easily hit these goals of 300/225/400 but id estimate around...6-8 months of hard training for a beginner to SL 5x5 (for myself)
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    i have no idea how close I am to them. I current lifting program is a strength building but i am doing it to perfect my form as i add more weight. But i know know i can already hit the squat amount and have not tried a max.
  • anonymouschris
    Options
    I am 24 weeks into Maddcow 5x5 Intermediate and here are my numbers...

~180 lbs @ 5'10

Squat 246 x 5
    Bench 205 x 4 (230 x 1) Failed benchpress this Monday for the 3rd time. 1st deload in 24 weeks!
    Deadlift 350 x 5
  • anonymouschris
    Options
    good stuff.

I hate bench too! I don't know why so many guys love it so much.

Chins/pullups all the way for me! (hence why I don't have a chest I guess :tongue:)

Once I learned how to leg drive and set up with a huger powerlifters arch bench press became extremely fun!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    good stuff.

I hate bench too! I don't know why so many guys love it so much.

Chins/pullups all the way for me! (hence why I don't have a chest I guess :tongue:)

Once I learned how to leg drive and set up with a huger powerlifters arch bench press became extremely fun!

I got the arch sorted but stability and timing the leg drive seems to be my issue. MORE PRACTICE!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Yup. If you time it right, it can allow you to get out of the hole really nicely. Especially since the bottom is my personal sticking point
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    my current workout (1st time heavy lifting)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843&page=1

I am in round 1 (currently week 5, 2 sets x12 reps)
    Squat 240lb
    Bench 45lb dumbbells
    Deadlift 135lb

next week i am adjusting to 260lb squat, 55lb dumbbells bench, 185lb deadlift
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    The 300 lb squat and 400 lb deadlift have me confused. Do people normally deadlift more than they squat? I always thought it was the other way around. Or at least the milestone for the two was not 100 pounds apart.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    The 300 lb squat and 400 lb deadlift have me confused. Do people normally deadlift more than they squat? I always thought it was the other way around. Or at least the milestone for the two was not 100 pounds apart.

Definitely. Unless people are 1/4 squatting in which case they will probably squat more than they deadlift. Also, when you use knee wraps, many people can squat more than they can DL. Depends on leverages and squat technique though.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Don't know what my 1RMs are for those...been working out since January of this year, but 5RMs are:

Bench Press: 235lbs x 5
    Squat: 340lbs x 5
    Deadlifts: 325lbs x 5
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options

Definitely. Unless people are 1/4 squatting in which case they will probably squat more than they deadlift. Also, when you use knee wraps, many people can squat more than they can DL. Depends on leverages and squat technique though.

I guess I never realized that. I did competitive olympic lifting before I got old, fat and out of shape. My best squat (about 700) was always way better than my best deadlift (about 560). Of course, I squatted every workout and rarely did pure deadlifts. Mainly it was cleans (which include a front squat) or clean pulls that mimmick the deadlift. Even now, I can squat 390 but only deadlift 345.
  • jonlfischer
    jonlfischer Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8" and 285lb

Males
    Squat 140kg 300lbs- less than 6 months, hit 405 x 4 couple weeks ago.

Bench 100kg 225lbs- did this when I was 15, had never worked out. Started working out in 2000 hit 285. Took a 12 year break from lifting came back and got 275x1, 6 months later I hit 430 for 1

Deadlift 180kg 400lbs- can't really remember how long it took but it was less than 6 months
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I could do all of that in hs, but then I tore a rotator cuff :frown:

Now I stick mostly to calisthenics...
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I don't think I mentioned this but I did want to clarify.

Squat: hip crease below knee
    bench: pause on chest
    deadlift: no hitching or lapping

Just regular powerlifting rules basically.

Seems so many people can bench press 100kg/225lbs easy as and quickly!
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just started lifting heavy mid-November - but these are my latest PRs... I haven't done bench presses yet.

Female
    Front Squat - 145lbs
    Back Squat - 220lbs new PR set just yesterday.
    Deadlift - 245lbs new PR set last week. :D

I also push pressed for my first time yesterday, and hit 100lbs.
  • chrisdavey
    Options
    I just started lifting heavy mid-November - but these are my latest PRs... I haven't done bench presses yet.

Female
    Front Squat - 145lbs

great numbers for the amount of time training!
  • MmmDrop
    MmmDrop Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Female
    Front Squat - 145lbs

great numbers for the amount of time training!

Thanks!!! I had my thyroid removed a few years ago, and quickly gained 80 pounds. Finally starting to get back to my old self, and I've found lifting weights to be REALLY addictive, and I'm quickly gaining confidence back that being sick took away from me!

BTW - new deadlift PR today - 260lbs. 300 is right around the corner! Front squat @ 165lbs!