New to the group!

Options
Hello,

I just found this group a couple days ago but didn't have a chance to leave a message. Well, I guess the title of the group means we are all pretty much here for the same thing? A little about me... My name is Melody, I am 35 and a stay at home mother of 3 a 7 yr old, 5 yr old and a 7 month old. I had bariatric surgery August 28, 2007 so 5 years ago when my now middle child was 6 months old. It was my new Birthday back when everything was going great! ;) LOL Now it's kind of a reminder that I didn't do as well as I could or should have. :( Well, I started out pre surgery at 307lbs went down to 196lbs by the first year and have gained back up to 256lbs. A lot has gone on of course over those 5 years, we have relocated to another state, had a baby and I have gone from OCD logger/ eater to ADH oh shiny.... It's been pretty hard I had fallen back into old habits pretty easy not even really realizing it till it was too late. Now I find myself fighting the self sabotage monster that hides in my head. I joined this site in hopes to get back on plan I guess or at least just be more aware of what I do eat. I had gotten so used to grazing, eating here and there little bits that it has really caused me to eat way more calories than I would have if I stuck to the actual meals. My other issue has been I haven't had any issues or problems eating anything, it was a blessing at first then it just became a curse LOL... I say that because I can eat anything at all and have no dumping what so ever.... I just found it crazy after all the stories I had heard about it, I thought man that would be great kind of a self check deal. I have realized and learned I can't just have one mini candy bar from the Halloween bag that's to give out. I will eat a lot if I have one.... If fact I have decided this year not to even buy any since last year I kept the good stuff and grazed on it for a couple months. :| Yeah I know a real winner moment! Right! So I know it becomes mind over matter really if your mind is ready than you can and will do it. So I am telling myself I should try the pouch reset! Does anyone know exactly how that works?? Well, I guess you now know I rant a lot too... ;) If anyone would like to add me please do I can use the accountability buddies! :) Thanks! I can and will succeed and beat this challenge I just need to decide what's more important to me, is it good tasting food or to live a very long time and see my children and their children grow up. It is still a hard struggle all the time just to remember I am watching what I eat. I often find myself trying to eat something and realized oh wait I can't have that. Seriously earlier when making the kids school lunch I had just placed a cookie in my mouth ready to take a bite when I stopped and thought WHAT ARE YOU DOING? I took it out and resisted that temptation! I can do it, I know I can! I know I am not the only one out there who feels discouraged and a little cheated that I didn't lose more weight. Now it's all up to me and only me to get this done and keep it that way! Take care and I look forward to this group! :)