Wanting to try :)

Options
At the moment I'm not a vegetarian but I've wanted to try it for a very, very long time now. The only reason I haven't is because my mother doesn't approve of it at all. She thinks I'm using it as a tool to lose weight or to cut certain foods out of my life completely which isn't at all true. I have a couple of friends that are vegetarian and I recently stayed at their house for four consecutive days, therefore I ate like a vegetarian and I've never felt better! I felt healthier and my body felt 'cleaner'. Just everything was better really.

So here's my real question for all of you: how do I convince my mother that I'm doing this for the right reasons and not to manipulate a scale?

I care about animals and eating something that was once strolling around a paddock or being force-fed is slightly repulsive to me. I felt better in my body after spending time away from my house, with my friends. I had more energy, if that makes sense. Now I just need to get my mother to see my reasoning. Any advice or tips would be appreciated! :)

Replies

• skeeterrose1
    skeeterrose1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just tell her what you just wrote here. She may not agree with it but it's your body if you feel healthier you should do it.
  • xdoublerainbow
    xdoublerainbow Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    She had a conversation with me about it last night, she still feels like I 'don't need to' go vegetarian. I KNOW I don't need to but I want to :) I'm going to give her some time to get used to the idea though. Like a couple of months. I told her I'm going vegetarian on Boxing Day this year so hopefully she'll accept it by then :) If not, well like you said - it's my body :)
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    My family didn't understand at first either. Now they have no problem with it. Just give her time