It is September!

Options
sarah44254
sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
What are your goals, hopes, plans for this month of Autumn's beginning?

Replies

• sarah44254
    Options
    I just started a challenge for myself, 8 weeks of being more awesome than usual. This means I hope to eat well, work out on schedule, and SLEEP until the end of October.

The amazing thing about sleep is I had no alarms and nothing to do this past weekend and I STILL woke myself up after only 6.5 to 7 hrs of sleep. I really want more than that but I can't really do it. Any suggestions?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I tend to wake up after a set amount of time, or at a set time in the morning, but usually I can MAKE myself go back to sleep for an hour or two - I just have to be careful to like, not pick my phone up or anything. Just roll over and tell yourself you WILL Go back to sleep. Sometimes it works for me. The rest of the time, at least I stay in bed and drowse for a while.

I have no goals other than to keep doing what I'm doing. I give up on weight loss.
  • sarah44254
    Options
    40lbs lost is amazing, and you look awesome too! what you have been doing seems to be working well :)
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I would like this xtr 20lbs to get the eff off me but will take my clothes fitting better. I'll figure out the right balance one of these days. :D Have a wedding this weekend and then vacation in three weeks! OMG I can't wait. I am so burned out it isn't even funny. I need to not see this office for a week. Maybe when I get back I can really whip this damn place in gear (my office that is).

My boot camp ends next week so I have to find some other class to keep my butt in gear. The powercore class I did with Tappigabbi was awesome but it was 1/2 hour away in the middle of no where. I can't afford the gas.

My internal clock always wakes me up at the "normal' time so yesterday I woke up at 4:45am but rolled over and went back to sleep for like 10 minutes before my husbands pager (why his company gives him a pager still I am not sure. He says it is because even pagers work in the dungeons that are the basements of the hospitals he has to get into for the server room) started going off. Once I woke him up to get it I fell back to sleep. Hell sometimes I wake up after 3 hours of sleep. It stinks. I am pretty good about falling back to sleep though.
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    My goal is the same as it is every September: to lose the weight I gained in August.

I gained 5 lbs. this year from the multiple birthday celebrations (mine and my husband's) our wedding anniversary, back to school parties, and a week long vacation to Charleston and Myrtle Beach, SC. I've lost 2 of the 5 so far. It could have been worse... I've found that when I don't log my calories, I go right back to being a hopeless binge eater and junk food junkie. Some habits never die. What has changed though, is that regular exercise has become such an ingrained habit that I haven't gone a whole week without a workout since last Christmas. I even got a short-term membership at a health club through our hotel in Charleston so I could continue my weight lifting while on vacation. Maybe there's some hope for me.

I'm still working on building muscle and I'm making some headway. My shirts are starting to get a little tight in the chest area from my new larger pec and upper back muscles and my legs are feeling stronger. My ultimate goal is still to be able to deadlift double my body weight. Maybe some day!

Everyone have a great month and good luck with reaching your goals!
  • sarah44254
    Options
    what a goal basschick! I am still working on dead lifting my body weight, let alone twice that :)
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Bass that is awesome you have now got the workout as a habit!! and 5lbs is nothing! Just keep logging and you know what to do. No one can sustain this 100% of the time so a little slide back isn't horrible. All we can do is take it one day at a time. :D
  • sarah44254
    Options
    a little over a week in. how is stuff going? i managed to lose 2 lbs. my house is getting pretty shabby because I am studying so much. looking forward to october, lots of stuff going on then! sep doesn't have much planned right now, but every day gets busier as it gets closer. study groups, volunteer events, work... this is the time I need to do all I can to get myself out there so I can collect letters of recommendation and build connections with important personnel in my department before I apply to grad school.