I hve this gut

Options
it wont go away. Like a tube around my belly. I am a single momma and I love my baby but it seems like my body just isnt the same. Any other young mommies who hate their body?

I am working on it by walking. but i need more.

Replies

• juliefurry
    Options
    I am the same way! Had two babies 3 babies 2 years apart on all of them, last two were c-sections and very big babies so I have a big belly (and sometimes get the "when are you due?" question which I answer April 2006, which was when my son was born, and than watch the people get really confused). I walk a lot now the kids are all in school full time and I am looking into a gym to go to. Can you maybe find a gym? We have one out here that is $55 a month for me and the hubby and they offer free daycare while you are working out.
  • msfitmom_3
    msfitmom_3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am the same way! I've always had a soft Tummy and a little extra "cushion" around my mid-section even at my smallest (116lbs, size 4) and it took 2hrs of working out with weights & cardio to tone & tighten after my first. After my second, I lost all the weight but my hips & waistline was wider and I carried an extra 10lbs when I got pregnant with my 3rd. Getting to the gym with 3 kids & working out 2hrs a day is nonexistent now as I have to work around school schedules. Pre-k, baby eating/naptimes. Even with the free daycare at the YMCA its still impossible. I just make sure to keep myself busy by working around the house (I'm a full time sahm) and go for lots of walks or bike rides, toting all the kids.

I am 15mos PP with #3 and my body is recovering from a m/c (@10.5 wks) - had gained some weight, and I am still 7lbs under my Pre-Baby #3 weight. I am 7lbs from my goal & 13lbs from my Pre-#2, but I still have this dang gut which makes me look 4ish months pregnant if I am not forcing my abs tight all the time. It's really hard when you have children to get your body back for most normal women. But its doable. You just have to really work for it. I'm going to increase my ab workouts & hopefully be able to shed a couple inches by New Years.

You can do it, momma! Try buying a yoga ball & some light freeweights (3,5,8lbs) and youtubing some videos on focus areas that you want the help in. Or if you are a Pinterest-addict like me, Pin workouts that suit your needs for the problem areas that affect you :)

Good luck!!