Long term ttc with PCOS, Endo, Fibroids....

Hi Ladies... I was diagnosed with PCOS back in 2004, and have since found I have Endo and Fibroids too... we've been TTC for 13 years this month and we're now at the point where the next step is IVF and for that I need to lose 60lbs (I am 240lbs right now).

I have done Metformin, Clomid and Tamoxifen and had 9 losses... I have also got down to 195lbs before, got pregnant and still lost the baby. Because 6 of my losses have been before 5 weeks, the doctors won't class me as recurring miscarriage and refuse to test me any further... frustrating? Just a bit!!

So, for now I am going to play by their rules, get down to 180lbs and then ask to be tested while I wait for IVF... surely even they can see it's not worth going through it all if I have a miscarriage issue?! ... anyway, if anyone is in a similar boat, please feel free to add as a friend :)

Replies

• KristiBell1
    KristiBell1 Posts: 61 Member
    Hi fee698! So sorry to hear of your losses, I can't even imagine your pain. I am in a similar situation as you. I was diagnosed with pcos in 2007 after tcc for 2 years with no luck. Since that time I have had 4 iui's with no pregnancies. I am hoping to do IVF in the spring of next year, when I lose more weight. I am currrently 229 but my starting weight was 254. Slowly but surely the weight is coming off.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    I'm so sorry to see that you had all that going on. I do have a question? Did they put you on Metformin? They say that it helps to prevent miscarriages. Praying for you.