A Juice Cleanse For September Anyone?

Options
:smile:

I'll be juicing regardless starting tomorrow the 6th of september to the 13th just for a quick reboot for the Fall.
Are there any juicing friends who are doing a cleanse at this time also?

:smile:

Replies

• ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I will join you! Look forward to hearing how it goes!
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo !!! :):) Juicing buds! Happy to find a september juicer :)
  • LisaLisaBoBisa
    Options
    I just recently discovered juicing...the information, that is. What led to it was seeing a blog post about detoxing and whole body cleanses. Thought I'd like to try that but am leaning toward the juice reboot! My hubby even seems interested, so it would be much easier if we could both do it at the same time. Don't have a juicer yet - apparently he bought a Ninja blender....We haven't used it yet so I have no idea if it will give us the results we need. From what I hear, we'll get pulp along with our juice. I'm okay with pulp, personally. I'd be interested in the 10 day reboot. I'll let you know if I start. :)
  • 13inchestogo
    Options
    :smile: Yeah I'm sure pulp will still give you similiar benefits your intestines may not have that 'rest' process since the pulp will be digested as fibre but whatever!! Lol, I'm sure it will still be very beneficial, yeah juicers can get insanely expensive I am sticking with my 'crappy' Jack La Lanne juicer untill I can afford a freaking 400 dollar Omega Juicer. I'm sure regardless your still gonna gain benefits from juicing :smile: :smile: :smile:

That's cool you have read up on juicing and are interested in trying with your husband!! It's a great thing! I do seasonal juicing, like reboot my body every spring, summer, winter, fall type deal. I have only started this summer so I havent done a whole rotation yet. But I am definitely happy very what I have seen come from juicing. Love it very much!! :heart:

Okay glad to hear let us know!
  • Eerinelizz
    Eerinelizz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just started a juicing reboot today! Our juicer finally got here earlier this week, and we started experimenting with different recipes. So far I love everything about it! I'm so glad my husband is on board with this because it helps give us both an added push to stick with it. Not sure how long we will go, but we will go as long as we can! Happy September juicing :drinker:
  • LisaLisaBoBisa
    Options
    I'm also curious how people are approaching working out while juicing. I heard one person say that they don't have as much sustained energy for working out while they are juicing. My goal is to get back to the gym, doing weight machines. I've waited this long and can probably wait a little while longer. :-) But for people who incorporate juicing into their daily whole foods diet, are you able to workout as you would when you aren't jucing?
  • 13inchestogo
    Options
    My husband and I just started a juicing reboot today! Our juicer finally got here earlier this week, and we started experimenting with different recipes. So far I love everything about it! I'm so glad my husband is on board with this because it helps give us both an added push to stick with it. Not sure how long we will go, but we will go as long as we can! Happy September juicing :drinker:

Ooo exciting!! I love hearing about when both partners do the juice cleanse together ! It's so nice :D:D !!!
    I wish you lots of happiness along the way and thank you !
  • 13inchestogo
    Options
    are you able to workout as you would when you aren't jucing?

No I would say to hold off on any Extreme cardio or weight lifting, but you can feel free to do light to moderate exercise! At least that is what my body allows me to do, I probably could go for hard cardio and stuff like that and be fine but I bet I would be feeling not as good as I would be feeling if I just stuck to something calm like the easier yoga work outs or a short jog or a long walk. I don't think there is anything you 'arent allowed' to do, just pretty much follow your sense and listen to your body if you are feeling shaky, maybe if you plan on running have some fruit juice with lots of sugars to keep you energized, or just have more juice that day! I went for a little run today and now doing yoga, I LOVE pineapple juice and usually drink that before or after I work out :smile:
  • LisaLisaBoBisa
    Options
    Thank you! :-)
  • davinasaunders
    Options
    Hey there!

I started my juice feast today...My first juice was great, my second was ummmm, not so great. Feeling super foggy and tired. Oh well, Im doing this. Bring it on :)

Initially I was like...Yes, Im doing a 60 day feast, now Im just trying to make 10 day and then Ill see how I feel.
  • ladyfingers73
    ladyfingers73 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

I started my juice feast today...My first juice was great, my second was ummmm, not so great. Feeling super foggy and tired. Oh well, Im doing this. Bring it on :)

Initially I was like...Yes, Im doing a 60 day feast, now Im just trying to make 10 day and then Ill see how I feel.

Aww, how are you feeling today? I'm on day 5 and feeling good, although I would say I have less energy today than any other day so far. I am going to take it easy as much as I can, since I have to work and go to a meeting tonight.

Would love some new friends if anyone wants to add me. :) I feel like I am going to loose some of my friends over doing this. People ask if me if they think it's even wise to do this...YES I do! I couldn't believe it anymore than I already do. I follow a few people on Youtube that totally inspire me and they have so much info it's incredible. Once you know how good it is for you, I can't look back!
  • barbie2k2
    barbie2k2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would like to start juicing, what are some good recipes and how do I go by starting. Any ideas, tips...?
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I just watched the movie, bought a juicer, and am ready to go.

I had a juicer this morning (but with some protein powder) and figure skated for 2 hours. I felt great. I did a juice this afternoon, but put some peanut butter. Nothing takes it out of you like figure skating hard. So, i "know" I will need to put in some protein to make it.

1 week is my goal.
  • BroiledNotFried
    Options
    I made this "Lucky Licorice" I found on the Internet. 2 apples, 1 beet, and fennel root. OMG. It's sooo good!
  • BroiledNotFried
    Options
    Kale, carrot, celery, ginger - was TERRIBLE!