How's The Weight Coming???? Or Going???

Options
Well my husband and I are now 5 months into our journey of getting healthy and I am doing my very first 10K on the 15th of September. I am a little antsy about it but I know I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. We have lost over 101lbs. together and so far he has the most weight loss but of course men tend to lose faster than women. Praying you all are doing well on your journey and I will be posting some pictures at a later date. (if I can figure out how to post them on here heehee)
:smile:

Replies

• fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration Fit - 42#s in 5 months! I looked at your diary and you seem to be averaging (1400 calories a day and lots of exercising! Are you losing about 2#s every week? I've lost 13#s in 10 weeks. I slowly start sliding up in my calorie count and then when I don't lose anything in a week (like last week) then I get serious again. I am in it for the long haul which is good since I am not losing quickly lol. I really missed MFP this last weekend. I've become an MFP addict! Thank you for persevering in your weight loss and sharing the journey with us.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the compliment fastforlife! Yes my calories really fluctuates depending on how hard I work out. If I exercise hard that day, for instance I burn anywhere from 1500- 2000 calories at the gym then I try to increase my calories but if I burn under 1500 calories then I try to stay around 1200. I usually lose close to 2 - 2 1/2 each week but this past week it was 1lb. I've lost 37 1/2 inches of fat. The calories I burn on the treadmill don't include the calories I burn as I weight train, which is upper body 3 times a week and the lower body 2 days.
    You are doing great if you have lost 13lbs. in 10 weeks just always remember as long as your losing is really all that matters. For instance like me if I lost 3lbs one week and none the following but stayed the same I look at it as really in 2 weeks I lost 3lbs. which would be 1 1/2 loss in a week. This way I always look at it in a positive sense and don't beat myself up over the fact I hadn't lost that week. It's just a matter of perspective.
    I always tell my husband who has lost 61lbs. which we both started together that we didn't put the weight on overnight so it's not going to come off overnight. Also I try to look at it as a healthy lifestyle change not a diet, because it really is about changing the way you eat and portion control and the way you see food and training yourself to eat those things that are healthy for you.
    I know what you mean about missing MFP I miss it when I can't post or get so busy I don't have time but this sight really keeps you on track as far as calories and your fitness I just love it tooooo! by the way my real name is Melodie and I am thankful that we are friends on this journey together, it always helps to have others help you along the way and their support!!!! I will be praying for you my friend.
  • fastforlife1
    Options
    Thank you Melody. I'm Valerie.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options
    Nice to know your name my friend!!!!
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options
    Does anyone know how to post pictures on here???? I can't figure it out.
  • fastforlife1
    Options
    First your photos have to be uploaded on your computer. Then go to your profile > edit photos > Browse > pick your photo that is on your computer > download.
  • FITNLUVINIT
    Options
    Ok I loaded my pictures where my profile pictures are, now how do I post them to a blog or my group??

:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: