First Tri coming up October 7th...question for women

Options
jms3533
jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
Hi there,

I am signed up for my first triathlon on October 7th. I have lost 84 pounds in the last 10 months, and my breasts really need extra support when I run. I bought a nice speedo for swimming, but it doesn't have the support I need for running. Should I slip on a jogging bra over my swimsuit after the bike ride? Or are there other ideas I should consider about what to wear for this event? All ideas are welcome!

Thanks much!

Replies

• TriClaudia
    TriClaudia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ok, my recommendation is not going to be pretty, but I would wear the sports bra under the swimsuit. I don't really know your size; so I'll just tell you about me. Maybe there'll be a take-away for you. I need a lot of support; so I wear the Enell sports bras -- like armor, only comfortable with a lot of coverage. (I think the women wore them in the early seasons of the Biggest Loser.) In my first triathlon I swam in the bra and tri shorts and put on a shirt when I got to the bike. It worked fine, and it's easier to put on a shirt than struggle with a bra while you're wet. The Enell bras dry quickly and kept everything contained. I really like having two pieces; so this time I'm going to get a tri top, but still wear my bra under it. I can't rely on the built in support. :smile: I hope that helps and I'll be looking forward to your race report!
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Most of my well endowed friends wear a sports bra under a tri top.
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I wear a tight but light weight sports bra under my tri-top. The shelf bra in the tri top would probably be enough support for me (sadly) but I like the extra. I'd wear one under your swim suit. Trying to get one on when you are either wet from the swim or sweaty from the bike is going to be a serious wrestling match! Just trying to put one on after I dry off from a pool session is damn near impossible. :ohwell:
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    <<<<<<<wearing my tri top in photo
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am COMPLETELY flat chested. Really....it's gross....the combination of nursing four kids and working out as much as I do has left this once small chested woman completely FLAT. It's something I hate about myself. That being said, I still wear a sports bra under my tri suit. I find that, though I don't need the support at all, the tri suit hurts my nipples when I run (talk about TMI)...despite the fact that it has a built-in bra. Plus...even flat I don't want to look like on "high beams." So, if you have a big chest, definitely wear a sports bra under your suit.

NOW....that you have read all about my boobs...you can LAUGH OUT LOUD!
  • wannabfit34
    wannabfit34 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Tri top with sports bra otherwise slip the bra over the swimsuit, you don't want to be in pain from the girls flopping around.
  • FierceFox81
    Options
    I do triathlons and I wear my sports bra under my swimsuit. It's comfy and supportive. Many people do this.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I wear TWO sports bras under my tri suit. You will certainly not be alone :) I find that they don't stay wet for long after the swim and I have plenty of support for the bike and the run. Good luck and have a fantastic time!