Adults have Homework too!!!!! 9/6

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Staying open and mindful..now this is not a hot and torrid challenge but I hope an everlasting one not just for today but for the rest of your journey.
I am going to put a link here for some reading to which we can improve our knowledge about health and fitness. Please go through the list and see if anything sparks your fancy. Learning is powerful and it changes your attitude and focus on the rest of your journey! It also keeps things interesting! Who wants the same boring routine and foods next 20 years!?!?!

http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/557423-21-must-read-health-fitness-and-nutrition-books/#slide-20

Now if can't stand to read then try a challenge like reading different health websites! Like the one I am linking you too. That is a start. I like Hungry Girl, fatlossguide, Greatist are a few websites/blogs I like...keep yourself fresh!

As always share your thoughts...and books and websites too!

Peace,
WW

Replies

• courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have just recently signed up for NerdFitness.com

It’s a great site for learning to do strength training exercises; however, it does seem to be geared more towards men. The operator has a lot of great tips for different exercises outside of the gym environment. The operator loves the paleo diet as well (unfortunately, I don’t) but if you were interested this site has great ways to start up on your own.
  • singingpeach6301
    singingpeach6301 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! I will check out your link! One of my fave places to read up on health info is Spark People. They have tons of articles on nutrition, fitness, motivation, plus recipes and fun stuff like that!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/main.asp
  • cuatromommy
    cuatromommy Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I'm new to the group.

I'm currently working on the FREE 21 day video program at www.fatloser.com. It's a tough love approach to doing what needs to be done to lose weight. I am also reading the founder's daily reading book called Die Fat or Get Tough.

So far I love it. IT's not a program for anyone, but it sure is for me.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I read your article, thank you. I love reading fitness articles and I believe it inspires and motivates me to keep going. Today I read a few but the one that really perked my ears was from Livestrong titled, Strengthen Your Self-control. Here is the website to read it for yourself.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/557820-strengthen-your-self-control/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=09052012

Oh and I too go to sparkpeople.com excellent resources there!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    My goal for this was so we all can use these resources to help us on our journey...sometimes it can jump start you when in a slump!
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    For websites, I really like Nerdfitness.com -- The guy is funny, and if you're more of a nerd, it connects well with its audience. Also he's developing a Live RPG (role playing game) where you level up your character by "leveling up" in real life. I dig him.