Staying on Track

DollyMiel
DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
One of the reasons I began thinking of NaNo was because of MFP and starting school again. I was worried about keeping on track during school, and that translated into worrying about how I would deal with exercise, school, and writing.

Is anyone else worried about getting off track of one or the other in November, or do you think you can hold it down like a boss? :smokin:

Replies

• Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    My plan is to start training for NaNo now. Make time to write 500 words a day in September, 1K in October and 1,667 in November.

I need the practice in fitting the writing time in with the exercise and work. If I add it gradually, hopefully it won't destroy my life/routine in November.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    My plan is to start training for NaNo now. Make time to write 500 words a day in September, 1K in October and 1,667 in November.

I need the practice in fitting the writing time in with the exercise and work. If I add it gradually, hopefully it won't destroy my life/routine in November.
    That sounds like a pretty logical and doable idea. :D

Kind of like exercising your writing muscles along your body's muscles... haha~
  • Shellsmiley
    Shellsmiley Posts: 323 Member
    So, I think it will be a good challenge as I am also challenging myself to lose 20 lbs by the end of November. Working out all the muscles is necessary for good health. :)

My plan is to come home every evening after work, text or call the people I need to in the first hour while cooking dinner. Shut off cell phone, turn on some nice light music and sit down to write. I am going to disconnect my internet (while I write) so I do not have any distractions and just sit here until I have min 2000 k in words. Shouldn't be too hard as combined I write more than that a day between emails and forums and my local group to keep running. :)

As for staying in track in the physical world, I will tell my boss I need strict hours, no "on calls" or random hours, I hate that. If I am to get anymore than 6 hours, they need to be from 8am onward so I have an earlier day. Try to attend the gym in the mornings before work so it is done and over with so when I get home I can focus on getting the essentials done and have time to sit down and write. :)