Scared out of my INSANITY!

Options
I'm a little aggravated right now. I just got my Insanity order. YAYYYY!!!! I am deciding to start it after my next P90X Recovery Week (2 weeks). I'm a moderately active person and am ready to start Insanity that it makes me anxious!
I asked my Personal Trainer about the program. She watched one of the workouts and told me NOT to do it. She told me to up my walk time! WT heck?! I told her that while including muscle toning, I wanted to up my cardio.
At this moment in time, I have 3 people telling me NOT to do this workout. It's 'hard'. :-? What is 'hard'? It's kind of scaring me, to be honest. Isn't the whole point of working out to be difficult? Why are people trying to scare me? Should I be scared? Haha!

Also! Since I will be doing P90X and Insanity at the same time, what time of day do you guys do cardio and muscle toning? I was thinking Insanity in the AM and P90X in the PM. Any Hybrids do it differently?

Replies

• kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Brave woman you are...lol

A lot of folks have done Insanity (hell yeah it's hard!) so I would say as long as you don't have any medical issues, go for it.
  • mackenz170
    mackenz170 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's a lot of fun. It's hard because it's all cardio, you are always moving. When I did it about a year ago for the first time, I remember trying to catch me breath during the warm up!!! I also remember my calves hurt so much the first two weeks.

It's like any workout, it's hard when you start and you get use it as you go on. I always felt accomplished when I finished a workout.

Definitely do it. The nice thing about Insanity is even the people in the video can't always do all the moves the whole time which makes me feel better :) If they are that fit and are lying on the ground trying to catch their breath it makes me feel better when I'm doing that too haha

You look like you are in pretty good shape & if you can do p90x I think you'll enjoy Insanity.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    If you can do P90x you can Insanity, Think Plyometrics on crack with push ups. Having done P90x will definitely make it a lot easier.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    If you can do P90x you can Insanity, Think Plyometrics on crack with push ups. Having done P90x will definitely make it a lot easier.

LOL This^^ I just finished last week and I kind of miss it. Insanity is a GREAT program and, if you work hard and stick to proper form (you'll hear that on every dvd) you just might get the results you want. I start P90x on Monday and took a glance at the first workout. I had the nerve to shake my head after just finishing Insanity. lol Insanity is tough. It's hard. It'll work you real good. But you'll feel great behind it!

Erica