Crave=Pray

Options
Whenever I feel like giving in and having something that will hinder my weight loss, I pray. The moment I realize I am craving, I start praying. I ask God to strengthen me, to help me remember my goal, to glorify Him in my eating, to be blessed with self discipline, to taste the victory of self control, and to praise Him for what he has done so far. The tempting food may even be reasonable. I may even be hungry, but the food is not what I planned that day, and I want to stick with my plan. God delivers me from temptation. Part of fleeing temptation is to have a plan, and literally flee temptation. I pray before walking by the candy aisle at Walmart. I look away from posters of junk food. I avoid going shopping while hungry. That is how we flee temptation. I used to think that to flee temptation, I should, when tempted, use will power to stop myself. But I discovered that by the time I am tempted, hungry, picturing how good the food will taste etc... it's too late! Flee temptation when you see it coming at you a mile down the road! Don't wait till you feel weak to pray!

Replies