How are you?

Options
How is everyone doing? I know im struggling!!! I have pushed myself so hard to lose the weight that I am starting to resent exercise which then results in me trying to justify to myself how being fat is ok. Its just overwhelming. Anyone else there?

Replies

• moomoopharm
    Options
    I totally understand. It just seems insurmountable! I seem to take the setbacks harder than I celebrate the successes. I don't know bout you but I enjoy the exercise once I do it but really have to push myself to go. You never know one day we might be two of those women who love exercise but for now I'm going to be one who resents the time and energy it takes. Hope you're ok and it'll all be worth it in the end.
  • amyLhuff
    Options
    Well this week I got sick with a head cold and the baby has been teething so I'm up more during the night so my workouts have been put n the back burner. I've stayed at or under my calories but I seem to be way more hungry this week than usual. Hoping that the scale reflects a loss. It's been a tough week for me. I know this is worth it so stick to it ladies!!
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Had a busy week as well. I ate pretty well, until today. I had sushi for lunch (after skipping breakfast) and pizza for dinner. I am still under cals, carbs but I am grossly lacking my protein and fiber for the day. Of course, sushi and pizza pretty much guarantees that you'll blow your sodium for the day...and I did. I don't usually have complaints about what I eat but lately, with the children now back at school, it's been harder to stay on top of my macros the way I want to. Sigh....Tomorrow is a new day ladies! Break out the extra vitamin C and Echinacea Tea and let's help each other get back on track and stay there!
  • mom060812
    Options
    Thanks ladies glad to see im not the only one who is having just one of those days/weeks. Its a new week...we can do this!
  • sareyezz23
    Options
    i had on of those days today too, i stood on the scales this morning and was happy to see the number but then i went swimming and came home and ive been exhausted all day. My body aches from all the exercise and it seems like my body is fighting me to not lose the weight, ive been craving chocolate all week and no matter what i do to curb it, it just creeps back. I havent given in like i want to but i had a few calories today and had a magnum but not before i cried my eyes out just because im sick of not eating what i want when i want it because of what it will do to me. Me and my boyfriend thought we would have venison burgers for dinner, sounds nice and theyve not got as much fat as beef or pork so i thought layer vege and stuff. He had a bun and i said i wont because of carbs, but when we was cooking all i wanted was to eat it with a bun because its not a burger without it. I didnt gave in my boyfriend even said i could have half of his. I rejected his offer then copped a strop, grabbed a piece of bread but decided not to have it. I ate it and then retrieved to my room where i got upset because of it....im feeling pretty emotional about all this, i mean im a stone and a half down and i dont see it happening. :(
  • remisenforme
    remisenforme Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have been steadily gaining weight again recently. I have been eating the right calories and have been working out (though less than I would like) and it's very, very frustrating. I haven't gotten back up to my starting weight but it's still very frustrating. My measurements aren't going down either. Guess we just have to stick with it and hope it's just going to take some time for results...
  • moomoopharm
    Options
    Hey
    Can I just good on you for going swimming because most people, myself included a couple of months ago would have said Balls to it and sat on the sofa eating the magnum without excercising. I put on 4lbs this week and don't really know how! For most of my adult life this would have lead me to eating more but I limited myself to one treat and got back on the dieting horse.
    I think we've got to stop being so hard on ourselves. It took me 30 years to get to this size, and although I hope it doesn't take 30, it's gonna take me a while to get it off. I love that I'm saying this as I'm continuously hard on myself. But what I'm trying ( very badly ) to say is that no-ones perfect, we all crave something and do you know what, if I can't have what I fancy now and again I don't see the point. My problem is that I'm not good at the now and again bit. Anyway I've waffled on enough and probably confused everyone.
  • NatashaRuz
    Options
    Changing my mindset has helped me greatly the past few weeks. CHOOSING to eat healthy, and excersise because no matter what, that is good for my body, and my mind.

The pounds aren't necessarily coming off in large or fast amounts....but my clothes fit differently (better) and I FEEL healthy. That, is the key for me.

Don't give up, or give in. Keep moving forward every day. :)
  • queenbree13
    queenbree13 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Friday and Saturdays are always bad days for me!! I hate it! Today I think I did awesome, but I wasn't home and around food basically all day. I might have to find a new hobby to get myself out of the house! I am pretty happy with my accomplishments so far (:
  • mom060812
    Options
    Im at stay at home mom so i am constantly surrounded by food. Its very frustrating and annoying sometimes. When im out and about I do so much better because I dont have food staring at me. I do exercise but not as much as I should. I love to walk but one of my little ones makes it kinda difficult to do so. So I have to do it around my husbands schedule and well he is pretty swamped with work. Oh well one day at a time. Like one of you said it took you 30 years to put it on so why should we think its just going to melt off asap.