Need Advice ASAP

Options
2»

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    HE'S "F"ING MARRIED!!!!! YES, I'M YELLING THIS! I GIVE UP!!!

Well, at least you found out before you wasted too much time. No reason to give up.
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options

I yie yie..
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Hush with that,use it as a lesson to not swoon over things until you meet a person and they prove it by actions it is deserved.
    Yes one can get jaded after bad experiences but you keep your head and you learn.
    So no more giving up,you will be better and wiser for this.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Today, I'm grateful that I'm "just" an administrative assistant in a law office.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

How did you learn that?
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you met someone with bad intentions. There are A LOT of them on there. The second date I went on from POF was either married or living with someone. He wouldn't admit which but tried telling me it was him who should feel bad for his choices, not me, so what's the harm in continuing to see each other... UGH?! WTF? Short of my two week break, I've only been online about 10 weeks total. I haven't really met many people worth talking to on ANY site. I'm not done trying but every day it gets harder to look at the emails from weirdos.

The best thing you can do is RESEARCH your dates. Sounds stalkerish, but if I hadn't done that a month into talking to the guy I mentioned, I would have started to get more emotionally involved. He's the only one I've talked to that I both felt attracted to and could hold a conversation. Hard combination to find, but I've got to hope they're out there. In the mean time, if you want sites to use, let me know by PM... it's scary how much you can find out for FREE :bigsmile:
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    When I "finally" got his REAL name I was able to find out that every single thing he told me was untrue. He made the mistake of telling me the score of the high school football game he was at last night and that was all it took. I was even able to find a youtube video of him being interviewed about the business he is part owner of.....and he looks absolutely nothing like his profile pic.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    What a creep! At least you found out before getting emotionally invested.

Don't give up. Why would you ever let the actions of a slimy jerk dictate how you live your life? That's what you would be doing by giving up. Letting this poor excuse for a man have control over you finding happiness with a good man. That's just not right. Don't you dare do that!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    When I "finally" got his REAL name I was able to find out that every single thing he told me was untrue. He made the mistake of telling me the score of the high school football game he was at last night and that was all it took. I was even able to find a youtube video of him being interviewed about the business he is part owner of.....and he looks absolutely nothing like his profile pic.

Dont feel bad, most of us have had similar experiences online. That's why most of us said dont get carried away until you meet :flowerforyou:

It's a crying shame that people need to behave this way, but that's the online beast at its worst. You do get some decent people too!! At least you found out this soon. Well done !! :bigsmile:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    People are creeps and can misrepresent themselves online and in real life.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    People are creeps and can misrepresent themselves online and in real life.

Exactly this so buyer beware no matter who you are.

In fairness though and not something to be proud of as a guy but it does seem overall that men are much more guilty at playing this game then ladies are. :frown: