Hi!

Hi there! Been on MFP on and off for a little while now, trying to remain `on` :) I`m 27, live up in Forest Hill, work downtown, excited that there are other people nearby on here. This might make the subway interesting/awkward one day!

Replies

• livitup85
    livitup85 Posts: 231 Member
    Hah, I also live near the Forest Hill area and work downtown...bring on the awkward subway rides!!!
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 992 Member
    Planning to move into the Little Italy area in a few months. Does anyone knows some good running routes? Or tips to running downtown?
  • cathooo
    cathooo Posts: 19 Member
    Planning to move into the Little Italy area in a few months. Does anyone knows some good running routes? Or tips to running downtown?

There's a Running Room a few km south in Liberty Village that seems pretty popular. I always see running groups around there. And it's only a little farther from there to the waterfront trails. You can cut through the Exhibition grounds by going down Atlantic Ave through the Exhibition GO Station. There's less crazy traffic there than on Strachan or Dufferin, and there are stairs, if you don't mind that.

You won't be too far from the West Toronto Rail Path (http://railpath.wordpress.com/). The path is pretty new, so there are no potholes to worry about. I usually bike up there and head to Annette, which is nice and tree-covered.

It's a very nice neighbourhood!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    I live in Forest Hill - Bathurst and Eglinton area, and work downtown as well :). And I ride the subway to work too!!! Hahah :)

Just moved here back in May. I don't have any pics of myself on here ... just my hamster ... so no one could recognize me lol :p
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 992 Member

There's a Running Room a few km south in Liberty Village that seems pretty popular. I always see running groups around there. And it's only a little farther from there to the waterfront trails. You can cut through the Exhibition grounds by going down Atlantic Ave through the Exhibition GO Station. There's less crazy traffic there than on Strachan or Dufferin, and there are stairs, if you don't mind that.

You won't be too far from the West Toronto Rail Path (http://railpath.wordpress.com/). The path is pretty new, so there are no potholes to worry about. I usually bike up there and head to Annette, which is nice and tree-covered.

It's a very nice neighbourhood!

Thanks! I'll definitely check those out!