Running clubs?

Options
Does anyone know of any running clubs in the area?

Replies

• keithmf24
    Options
    No i dont, but to be honest with you my intention when starting this new bern group was to find friends to go running with, running the roads by yourself gets boring,
  • SpitfireStacey
    SpitfireStacey Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yeah I guessed that was a goal of the group. I need a running/workout buddy desperately but with two little kids and working part time, my schedule never matches anyone else's, even friends! The exercise part of this journey is definitely the hardest for me.
  • keithmf24
    Options
    I dont currently have any gym memberships since I work on cherry point air station. I just go to base gym during the day. so that being said my cardio and workouts when at home are limited therefore i just stick to going running. :smile: wether i get 15 minutes of free time or an hour. the important thing is to just get out there and do it!!!!!
  • SpitfireStacey
    Options
    I loved the gym in Pensacola, there was a kid's daycare type thing in the family center where you could use the equipment or take a class while the baby was in the little room you could see from where you were working out. But I bet even if they had that here, I haven't the time for the commute to the gym, as well as a workout so I snatch what I can when I can. I took to rollerblading last week. I hate running so I put my skates on and did 3 laps of our housing instead and timed myself, then the next night I did 5laps in the same time. was fun and MUCH better than running!
  • keithmf24
    Options
    I have my Hockey roller blades in the garage, might have to give that a shot.. ;-)
  • SpitfireStacey
    Options
    I think I'd need to be out there for an hour to get the cardio benefits really, the skates do too much work for me to sweat/be out of breath too much, but I feel it in my legs from the action of pushing, and the weight of the skates and since my legs are my "problem area" I'm happy with that. I'm interested in seeing the changes in my measurements after a few weeks of skating regularly to see if my hips/thighs have slimmed down as much as it feels like they should with this type of exercise. I did it again last night (3rd night last week) and took my 6 year old on her big girl bike (two wheeler, BIG) and she wasn't able to keep up with the pace I set, we did one lap fast, one lap slower and then I left her at home for a lap, then picked her up for another slow one before she went in to get ready for bed and I whizzed through another 2 laps. I did 6miles in 35minutes. I'm really enjoying it so much more than I ever enjoyed running, I'm hopeful that I"ll keep it up. You should give it a go!
  • keithmf24
    Options
    I certainly will, Ill see what kind of time it takes me to do 6 miles. and congrats on the hard work and slimming results. Keep up the good work Stacey!!!
  • SpitfireStacey
    Options
    So did you go out on your skates? I took the kids yesterday, pushing the baby in the stroller, her on her skates and me on my skates. It was interesting. lol Still keeping it up though, trying to get in the habit better. The night before I did 8 laps in about 40mins.
  • keithmf24
    Options
    No ma`am i have yet to bust out the roller blades, still have been sticking to my running, but yes i will get to the roller blading soon enough. ;-)
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Moving to New Bern soon. I'm game for a running club.