Question re: week 2 & beyond

Options
jnrinwa
jnrinwa Posts: 66 Member
Hi All! I have a question about the week 2 "traveling" exercise (and further week challenges). I originally had planned to walk for the upcoming week; however have run into a problem. In addition to walking I have been doing the 30DS and hurt my ankles last week. I went to the doctor today and found out I have stress fractures on both ankles and cannot do any exercise (lower body that is) for three weeks (minimum). I am really bummed. I don't want to drop out of the group so I was wondering if anyone would mind if I did some sort of different exercise? I am so motivated and I don't want to lose stamina while my ankles are healing.

I was thinking about doing some sort of arm punching, core situps, arm weights etc. for a certain amount of time each day. I also wanted to give Pilates a try as I am hoping I could do this without straining the injuries.

Not sure what will be planned for the following weeks, but I am hoping to modify as well.

Let me know your thoughts are, and if anyone has any other good exercises or cardio ideas I would love them! (With the exception of swimming - I am a SAHM and I work from home and do not have access to a pool or gym.

Thanks,
Ricci :)

Replies

• RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    First, Ricci... so very sorry to hear about your injuries... the best thing you can do is follow doc's orders so you heal and don't continue to reinjure. As for substituting, as one of the members of the challenge, I have absolutely no probs with that whatsoever. From my perspective the whole point is keep us challenged, motivated and engaged... one idea you might do is to google wheelchair aerobics and see what you find... might be an interesting challenge for you. Feel better.:flowerforyou:
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree. Feel free to adapt the challenges to work for you, until you are back to full health! Wheelchair aerobics sounds like a good idea.
  • jnrinwa
    jnrinwa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. And great idea about the wheelchair aerobics! I did some research and found a lot of upper body stuff to do so I think I am going to just put together my own 30 minute circuit training workout. :)