Anyone else really into hoop dance?

Options
Hey! I've been hooping for about a year now...we've got something of a circus goin on with the amount of poi spinners and hoops going round my group of friends.
It IS great exercise, but it's also good for fun and the spirit!
Who else could just hoop with a friend for hours?

Replies

• cherham
    Options
    I love hooping....I also have been doing it for about a year also. Has wittled my waist to about the size it was in high school, not to mention my rear end and legs. Don't stop hooping.....
  • carencreekside
    Options
    I've been hooping for three years, and I've been a Hoopnotica certified instructor for a year now. Nice to meet other hoopers doing it for fun and health.
  • Sharon0523
    Options
    Hooping is not only cardio, but relaxing cardio! How can that be? I don't know but I love it. No matter what size you are, hooping makes you feel sexy. The dancing and tricks you learn really get you in touch with you inner you! A must try... but a few starter hints-

Don't try using a kiddy hoop. They are to small and light and will only disapoint when they don't stay up!

Don't get too heavy of a hoop - I started with a 4lb hoop with massagers inside the ring and ended up with bruises :(
    2lbs or lighter is best, and larger ones are easier to learn with, smaller ones require you to move faster but are better cardio burn:)
    I just got one at my walmart of all places. It's called a fitness hoop and is located in the sports section.

play your favorite music and feel the wonder! just start at your own pace, there are many tutorials on youtube or you can purchase DVD's online- (I love Hoopnotica's)

The hoop does not go all around your belly and back, There are 4 pivot points on front and back hips that the hoop contects with only when hip hoooping.

Using the hoop outside of your body is also a fun way to use it. Wrists, arms, neck, feet, switching from hand to hand around the outter body.... many more options than standing still and hip hooping. (getting good at the hips? try moving it to the waist and back)

I am no way an expert, just love love love, the great feeling of hooping.

Friend me if you would like to chat more about it, I will give any advice I have and need much from the pro's out there.

Happy, healthy hooping gals & guys!

Sharon