Nature walks/day hikes

Options
Hiii fellow QLDers!

I'm just looking for a few ideas on nature walks in our beautiful state. I live in Brissy and am in the process of breaking in a new pair of hiking boots. I've broken my feet into them and now jsut needa soften the soles a little bit! Only problem is though that I don't have a car :S I sold it about 6 months ago and while it's been AMAZING for my health it's a little bit irksome for things like this. I'd prefer to do hilly terrain as I'm going to Nepal soon but any ideas are welcome! Or anyone who enjoys nature walks too and would love some company??

Cheers :-D

Replies

• Ghilber
    Ghilber Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I live in Brissy too and I really want to find somewhere that I can go on a really long walk/hike with the dogs.

Every weekend I try to think of somewhere I can go and end up doing the same old loop at home.

I don't mind it being hilly, just don't want it to be rough, I would like it to be walking rather than rock climbing/hiking if you know what I mean.
  • Ghilber
    Ghilber Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I went past Bunya Conservation reserve (or whatever it is called) on the weekend at Bunya (near Albany Creek) and there is all walking/mountain bike tracks in there. You can also take dogs.

I'm going to go for a big walk in there next free weekend and see what it's like.
  • cosmicgirl64
    cosmicgirl64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great! Let me know how it goes and if it's worth me scoping it out.
  • CassiusKnox
    CassiusKnox Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Some great walks in Lamington and Springbrook National Parks although I'd be very surprised if you haven't already tried those.

Let me know if you found any good ones.
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    If you go to your local council or to an information centre they should be able to help you out. I've just moved to the Sunshine Coast and I went to the local information centre and grabbed a brochure on all the riding tracks and walking tracks around here. The brochure is amazing and very detailed, it has forest tracks, scenic tracks and lookouts, beach, coastal and wetland tracks. Hope that helps. One of my favourite walking tracks on the Sunshine Coast is of course is the Noosa National Park (headland section), I'm sure most Queenslanders have done this walk : )

I know when I lived on the Gold Coast the council there brought out a similar brochure on all the riding tracks.

Good luck.