teriyaki chicken bowl for high carb days

Options
Love CTL - I think its a plan I can live with forever and one with which I will finally reach my goal weight. However, figuring out what to eat has been something of a challenge. Wanted to share a meal that came together one night after work - it took less than 10 minutes and is delicious - I just made it again today. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.:love:

Chicken Teriyaki Bowl - 240 - 270 calories
Trader Joes Just Chicken Teriyaki (1 cup) - already cooked
brown rice - already cooked (I used Birds Eye frozen brown rice because this is what I had but TJ's has cooked rice) .5 cup
frozen peas - 1/3 cup
Trader Joe's Bold and Smoky Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce - 1 tbs

Since the rice and peas were frozen, I microwaved them separately from the chicken which just needed to be heated. I threw it all in a bowl and added a little BBQ sauce. Not only was it fast, it was tasty and satisfied my hungry tummy. I was going to add a little bit of soy sauce until i saw the bottle of bbq sauce...that would have been good too I think. Of course, the vegetables could be changed up depending what you have on hand.

Replies

• babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Here is my hint for making rice to go with it: Cook up a batch of brown rice (i use the trader joes basmati brown rice). When it is finished, bag up 1/2 c portions in snack size bags. Then place all the mini bags in a freezer bag and freeze. I also do the same thing when I cook extra meat too. This sure makes meal prep super easy.
  • Sweetsys
    Sweetsys Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Looks like a great choice. I did something similar the other night. Did broccoli, carrot shreds & chicken and added some terriyaki sauce. Served over brown rice for family, but it was my LC day so I had without the rice.