Options
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lisalovesGodslife
    Options
    Read Romans 12:1-4
  • ldr624
    Options
    By yielding and renewing your mind. This is where I struggle. I know what to do, however need help with willpower.
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    May seem unusual but the book of Leviticus has quite a bit about "The Way to Wholeness"
    We must understand that we are the people of God today. What God said to Israel he also says to us, for in the new relationship we have in Jesus Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile; there is but one man, one body in Christ. Often things must get a lot worse before they get better.....It's God's way of maturing us. Love what you post in this group!
  • lisalovesGodslife
    Options
    Last year I raised 9 Painted Lady Butterflies. I wanted to observe day by day the metamorphosis. First they eat and eat and eat their food until they come to the full size of a caterpillar. This reminded me we must eat so to speak God's word about us day by day moment by moment until we are full of who He is and who we are in Him. Then the caterpillar climbs to the top of a plant or in my case a container and secures itself. Then is drops down freely and remains in that state and now undergoes the transformation. Notice it climbs then drops. AS we praise the LORD for who His is in our lives and relax in Him, then He changes us into His image spirit, soul, and body. To watch the change take place in the cocoon is quite intriguing as at times the chrysalis quivers or jerks as it is melting so to speak. This reminds me that their are points in a believers life they go through deliverances from addictions, bondage, abuse, etc. and though they may be quite intense, it is all in the process of transforming into His image. Nothing of us can remain only His thoughts, and ways are to emerge in us!
  • lisalovesGodslife
    Options
    @idr624 Of course it is all about yielding to the Holy Spirits lead and inner work in us, but as I began this myfitness it was a leading and in that leading the Lord called me to fast and pray first before I began. Why, our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit within us and we are not our own. It is a daily discipline (not punishment) to yield to the Lord. New habit create new lives for us! You can do it!!!
  • lisalovesGodslife
    Options
    One truth I find as a minister I need to remind believers of is that of:
    1) our mission in life
    2) our vision in life
    3) our goal in life
    Coming from a business background I knew what a goal was, but was not familiar with the first 2 on that list. I set large and small goals all the time. Accomplished many and didn't some others. As a believer how was I now supposed to look at goal? I found through God's word and His wisdom that first I am here to please HIM...that's my mission to stand before Him knowing I did all and was all I was supposed to be while on this earth.
    Next, without a vision He says His people go astray in life so we all need a specific picture of what this mission will look like for us and it will take a physically fit and healthy body along with a sound mind and right spirit within us to do this.
    When you know He wants to reveal a picture with specifics to you then you will begin to receive visions from the Lord, from simple ones to large ones.
    Lastly the goal. The goal is the specific ways you will accomplish the vision and therefore please God with your mission in life.

Just starting Fitness Pal and this group were visions from the Lord. After over 36 years in the cosmetic and skin care industry working with men and women I found many were so injured in their soul and spirit that their bodies whether in shape or out of shape they couldn't see they looked good. Or they knew they looked nice but were so damaged from abuse or other matters that they couldn't even accept a compliment.

God wants people whole not part of them but all of the parts that make up them WHOLE! I have many messages on line that can help you...www.leadersaftergod.org
  • mandyrm
    Options
    I've been listening to sermons lately about how gluttony is a sin.... And overeating is gluttony.... What do you guys think?
  • mandyrm
    Options
  • crazyvermont
    crazyvermont Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Certainly not a pastor, but we often have heard our bodies are the temple of the Lord, so we need to keep that in mind whatever we put in or do with our body. The we also see in 1 Timothy 4:8 (paraphrased) Bodily exercise profiteth little.......As a believer, I think we always have to be sensitive tot he Holy Spirit and I believe he will direct our lives as well as "convict" us in areas that need to change. I find it ironic that those often preaching on the gluttony issue are not always in the best shape themselves:)
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Gluttony is a sin I think. There are a number of areas.in the Bible that list gluttony as a shameful thing and warn that it will lead to poverty and disgrace. I don't think that just applies to food though. Gluttony is taking more than you need.
  • lisalovesGodslife
    Options
    I mention as a minister often to God's people that sin is a missing of the WAY God wants our lives to go and wandering into another way. God wants His people to keep Him first and foremost in their hearts and through their lives and seeking Him for His way is the way to live moment by moment. People are out of shape physically and spiritually because their minds have wandered out of the way to think and live.
    After over 36 years in the cosmetic/skin care industry and over 25 years ministering and just being a person who has myself received Christ I know that people are out of shape physically for a variety of reasons and many feel very condemned. Yes our bodies are the temple/house the Holy Spirit resides in and we are responsible to care for it properly, but we must find out what we personally need to do first. For example as a minister I have done alot of travelling and as a result I realized I was not burning enough of the calories I was intaking and made a shift by making extra time to walk over 3 miles every day and have found exercises I can do if I'm in a hotel or confined to a small space! Praise the Lord for His way!!!

Why are people out of shape?
    1) Do they just not have the understanding of proper care and were they raised with poor habits?
    2) Was there a trauma in the life of the person and they remain out of shape to hide?
    3) Have they come to understand that God looks not as man looks at our bodies/outward appearance as He told Samuel when choosing David as king?
    4) Are they overwhelmed and just don't know where to begin?
    The list could go on and on. I can not tell you how many women and men I have counseled who sat face to face with me or on the phone and wept because they hated themselves.
    But we serve a loving, forgiving, and compassionate all POWERFUL God who desires and is able to help us back to the way to live spirit, soul, and body He's just waiting for us to come to Him!!!

my fitnesspal is a success for many people because it causes them to take back responsibility for their choices.
    All the promises of God in Him are yes and in Him amen unto the glory of God BY US!!! Many want the promises of God but they don't know or don't do their PART which is the BY US!

We don't ever want to focus on what we don't want in life but what we want! I share with those I minister to ASK THE WHAT questions from God for in asking WHAT you will receive a specific answer from God!!!