Veins/vascularity

nexangelus
nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
I find myself liking the fact I can see huge veins one moment (arms, chest, shoulders, stomach) and really being repulsed the next.

Anyone else have thoughts/feelings or anything to say on the subject of their veins becoming larger, more visible and seemingly multiplying when you've been lifting heavy for a while or doing strength training and have increased your lean mass?

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    I get a little veiny in my hands, especially after lifting, but it seems to be MOSTLY a dehydration + immediately caused by lifting thing that fades. I don't love it, because, MY HANDS FFS, but I don't have it anywhere else. I don't think I'd like it but I also don't mind. I'm interested in being as strong as possible, and as lean as possible without having to really stress over it. Whatever happens because of worknig towards that goal, happens.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I used to really not like them, but 'eh, I've since learned they come with being awesome (strong) so now I think they are awesome. :happy:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Mine only pop out on my hands during lifting...a couple hours after, they're gone. I'm not really concerned either way.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    My hands are constantly veiny. I have one on my wrists that show up most of the time too.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    A couple years ago, when I was lifting regularly, I went to give blood and the person had to check my arm. She said that my vein was strong and wasn't sure it was really a vein. You could see it though.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    My veins are very prominent to begin with, you can see them all day mostly on hands and forearms. But after lifting they pop out even more. I think it looks freaky lol. :grumble:
  • Can't WAIT to be lean enough to see my veins!! I would display them with pride :)