How do you schedule your runs?

Options
rtbrown82
rtbrown82 Posts: 27 Member
I have friends who schedule lots of runs, like 2-3 a month or so. I prefer to do like 3-5 a year. I think this helps my training, train hard and pour into the event. Not to mention considering I'm a father of 3 who works at a church, I'm not rolling around in money. Granted I'm putting a lot of eggs in one basket, but I think it helps me push harder in training and there for keep me on track in health and wellness. What are your thoughts?

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    The last couple of years, all my training has been directed toward the Fall marathon. So, I build the rest of the races into the schedule for that. I don't like to race too frequently, because I feel like it takes away from the training. I usually do a spring 10 miler and a spring HM. After those races, I do some shorter races over the summer. One or two 5Ks and some track meets where I'll run the mile. Then, as we roll into Fall, a tune-up HM (which I just did yesterday) and then the marathon. If I'm well enough recovered, I'll do a Turkey Trot and I'll throw a Christmas race in there too. I end up racing about 10 times a year or so.
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I with you. I am running a HM in Dec but due to cost of most of the races it is just not worth it. I can do a 5 k and 10k without the race number and still plan to run. Most of my runs are 5k and one or 2 10k a week. No t-shirt but I am still getting it done.