Great North Run

Options
Morning

GOOD LUCK to everyone on here running the Great North Run on Sunday. I am excited and nervous at the same time. Let's hope weather not too hot :happy: :laugh:

Anne

Replies

• sonyayoung18
    sonyayoung18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Anne

Also doing GNR and definitely hoping for cooler weather :bigsmile: good luck to you too, hope you do in a good time and hope you have a fab day. Are you going to the pasta party on Saturday, looks like it will be another good day with the 5k run and junior GNR.

I keep getting butterflies in my tummy and it's only Tuesday :tongue:

Sonya x
  • KatManx
    KatManx Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi Anne and Sonya,

My first Great North Run for me. I am excited and nervous! Hope you both have a fab day. Look out for the short *kitten* in a purple vest with the three legs of man on the back :)

Kat x
  • sonyayoung18
    Options
    Hi Kat....good luck to you too, I'm ready for the challenge and also nervous.

Look out for a short *kitten* in a pink cap and purple Scope vest :)
  • louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My first GNR and i feel so nervous !!! i'll have a Teesside Hospice vest on and will be running with 2 women with Guide Dogs for the Blind vests on ! weather is looking ideal on the internet :) x
  • sonyayoung18
    Options
    Good luck Louise - I'm doing my first GNR too, what do you consider ideal weather for Sunday? I ran most of the course two weeks ago when we had that scorching sunday and I struggled, it was horrible but I can't remember how hot the forecast said it was, really hoping for cooler weather to be honest....

:) x
  • nowornever250
    nowornever250 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'll be wearing a very unflattering (!) Alzheimers Society running shirt. Let's just say I don't think they were designed for women with boobs!!!!!!!!

We won't be at the pasta party as we will be travelling up on the Sunday - no doubt leaving Middlesbrough very early.

4 sleeps to go.......... and counting ...........

Anne
  • Midgetgem74
    Midgetgem74 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hope you all did well on Sunday, I admire anyone that can do the great north run, I would love to do it one day.
  • nowornever250
    nowornever250 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It was a fantastic day. The crowds and atmosphere was brilliant as well as seeing Mo Farah and Greg Ruthorford etc. If I can do it I would say anyone can. I am a plodder not a runner, but my aim for next year is for my 'plod' to get quicker!

Anne
  • KatManx
    KatManx Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Brilliant weekend overall. The run was fantastic, such an experience. Already signed up for 2013 :)

What was everyones time? I managed 2hrs 52 which was under the 3 hours i wanted so pretty chuffed. Imagine what i can achieve if I trained properly and didn't get ill?? :)

Kat x