Introductions

Options
Lets introduce ourselves, shall we?

Name's Ashley and I am 20 years old. I am originally from Miami, FL. but just recently (Aug. 24, 2012), i moved to Saint Petersburg, FL. to continue on to my Bachelors Degree at the University of South Florida St. Pete. campus. With the move came a new school and a new city (obviously lol) and i figured why not a new beginning? I am notorious for "yoyo dieting" and have decided that this time around it WILL be different! Not only do i want to love myself again and look and feel great on V-day, but my love's birthday is also on Feb. 14. He is rather skinnier than me and i feel so embarrassed (not just for me but i feel embarrassed for him too, even though i shouldn't because he loves me just the same) to be walking with him knowing that i am bigger. That is probably one of my biggest motivators and i figured this will give me the chance to give myself a GREAT V-day gift and would help with his birthday gift ;)

"Short term" Goal: Lose 10 pounds by my 21st Birthday (Oct. 4, 2012)

Height: 5'5
Starting Weight: 216.8
Monday Weigh-in: 213.6
Total lbs lost: 3.2

Excited to start my weight loss journey and would love the support :) Thank you

Replies

• migdalp
    migdalp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Migdalia.

I am currently living in VA, but am from New York. I'm 38 yrs old, working at Goya foods. I have 2 teenage girls and a husband. I am on a weight loss journey for better health and body. I got tired of not liking what I see in the mirror. I'm up for many challenges and this will be a great long term motivator. Currently weight is as of yesterday 201 lbs, back in Feb. I was 223 as per the clinics scale.
  • mich2010
    mich2010 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I live in Colorado and am 42 yrs old. A mom of 2 elementary school kids, working from home and volunteering 10 hours a week. With the turn of the economy 3 years ago I gained 15 pounds on my frame that wasn't at ideal. I'm now at a point where I can refocus my efforts to move forward to get back where I was and beyond. I have tried most diets and have decided that it is up to me to make this happen. This will be a great motivator - especially with fall & winter coming up (I usually hide in baggie sweaters).
  • kimstaaa
    Options
    Hello! I'm Kimi :flowerforyou:

I'm 25 and a newlywed. We got married on Leap day. My weightloss journey has been a struggle. After I started working full time 5 years ago I slowly started packing on the pounds. When my husband and I were dating the more comfortable I got around him, the heavier I got. I've ran a few half marathons and a full marathon to try to get the weight off but no luck. Still heavy & slow! After he proposed last summer I was determined to get back into my size 4 self but then realized I'd be missing out on all the celebratory food. The more I ate, the less exercise I got. I was miserable with the job I had at the time so the stress took a toll. I got married at 150lbs. My arms look fat in some pictures and my belly is a little too well pronounced in others. But I was happy & quite honestly - I'm proud to say I wasn't the typical size 0 bride. I looked great in my filled out womanly body! Now, 6 months later, my husband and I have started to realize we've both been gaining quite a lot of weight since our wedding day. My husband mentioned last night I'm too good of a cook - he can't stop eating all of it! I weighed myself this morning to find that I'm at the highest I've ever been - 160lbs. I'd love to loose 40lbs by Valentines day. Just in time for our 1/4th anniversary :wink: (our 1 year won't be for another 4 years!)

I've been a member of numerous challenge groups but nothing seems to work. I'm hoping this long term goal is exactly what I need to stay on track. It's not the thought of being 'skinny'. I just want to feel comfortable in my own skin. Thank you for starting this group! Look forward to 'meeting' you all.

Short Term Goal: Lose 8 pounds by October 9th. My Birthday!
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Amrine and I am 25 years old. I am originally from Kansas City, Kansas, but recently moved to Providence, RI for an internship that is part of my masters degree. I gained about 35 pounds this past year while living in Vermont and doing my graduate work while struggling through some life difficulties. I decided that with the move to a new state and a new beginning that I would lose weight and become a healthier version of me! I joined the group because 40 is around the weight that I would like to lose and would love the encouragment from others with similar goals!

Height: 5'4
    Starting Weight: 160
    Current Weight: 155
    Goal: 125
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Miami too!

Lets introduce ourselves, shall we?

Name's Ashley and I am 20 years old. I am originally from Miami, FL. but just recently (Aug. 24, 2012), i moved to Saint Petersburg, FL. to continue on to my Bachelors Degree at the University of South Florida St. Pete. campus. With the move came a new school and a new city (obviously lol) and i figured why not a new beginning? I am notorious for "yoyo dieting" and have decided that this time around it WILL be different! Not only do i want to love myself again and look and feel great on V-day, but my love's birthday is also on Feb. 14. He is rather skinnier than me and i feel so embarrassed (not just for me but i feel embarrassed for him too, even though i shouldn't because he loves me just the same) to be walking with him knowing that i am bigger. That is probably one of my biggest motivators and i figured this will give me the chance to give myself a GREAT V-day gift and would help with his birthday gift ;)

"Short term" Goal: Lose 10 pounds by my 21st Birthday (Oct. 4, 2012)

Height: 5'5
    Starting Weight: 216.8
    Monday Weigh-in: 213.6
    Total lbs lost: 3.2

Excited to start my weight loss journey and would love the support :) Thank you
  • sakraf
    sakraf Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am 63, just learned I have very high blood pressure, and need to do something about it. Like yesterday. I exercise daily and I try to eat wel but the scale never budges. Because of my medical scare, I am not having all kinds of tests, so hopefully I will finally be able to find out what is going on internally.

I like this group because it is not extreme: 40 lbs. by Valentine's Day is doable. It's the support we will hopefully get from one another that will keep us focused. Here's to us!
  • corinne230lbs
    Options
    Hello!! My name is Corinne and I am 20 years old. I live in Fort St. John and I work at an Equipment Company. My long term goal is to loose a total of 100lbs, I weight 227 now and I am 5'2". My short term goal is to lose 20lbs for Christmas. I really like the idea of losing 40lbs for Valentines day as this will be my first valentines day with an amazing guy that treats me the way I deserve. I love this group and I think it is a good way to make friends and keep motivated! Good luck all!
  • nofailureallowed
    Options
    Hi I'm Sayalathieo (Say for short) I fell off the "wagon" a few months ago and have been fighting my way back on for awhile now. I'm excited about this group and can't wait to see the results. I'm going to definitely need accountability buddies so please feel free to add me and I'll make sure I help keep you accountable. I want to shed the weight because I signed up for my VERY FIRST 5K..and I don't run..ever. But I'm SUPER excited to do it! Good luck & have fun everyone!
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Eli..nice to meet all of you.. I'm from Texas I'm on here cause I lost my way and gained all my weight back I am so mad at myself for doing this to myself again. Now I have to start from part 1 again.So here I go again.. Start weight 275 my goal for Oct 31 is 15pds..Lets do it ..Feel free to add me for motivation and maybe give me some motivation. thank you.. :)
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Ketty. I am from New York and have been on and off on diets for a long time and now is the time to make a change and stick with it. I was looking for a challenge like this one to show to myself that I can "give me" love back by losing the unwanted weight.
  • KettydeDios
    KettydeDios Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 197.6
    Current Weight 192.6

Goal Weight by 02/14 175
  • amcollazo99
    Options
    Nice to "meet" you all x) Thanks for the support! We now have 40 members and we got there one member at a time; we will reach our goal one pound at a time! :D
  • karinb1970
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Karin. I am 42 and from Ohio. I have 4 children and my oldest (21) is getting married in June of 2013 and I am going to have to buy a dress and be in pictures that people will be looking at for generations!!! So my goal isn't so much the number on the scale but the number on the tag. I am currently a size 22 (I was a 24 at my heaviest) and I would like to be an 18(or smaller would be okay!) by spring so this group will be perfect for me! Anyone who would like to add me I would love to help be supportive and have someone to be accountable to.
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Eva, I live in California but I am originally from Indiana. I am 28 years old and I have struggled with my weight since high school. I was my heaviest sometime near my senior year when I weighed about 235, maybe a little more. (I'm about 5'10") I lost weight over the years, gained back a few pounds, plateaued in grad school a few years ago at about 212. I was so frustrated that I was pretty active most of my life but remained heavy. So last year I decided to get serious about my weight loss. I lost 25 pounds when I joined MFP and started road biking last summer! This summer I biked A LOT, and next year I will be racing. But I haven't lost ANY weight this summer. SOO frustrating. I know, I know..I've been converting fat in to muscle because I have gone down a size...but still I KNOW that I have more weight to lose, especially if I really want to be a competitive racer. I currently weigh 186 and I want to get down to at least 165. So I don't have 40 to lose but I thought this sounded like a good group to join! IF I lost 40 that would be incredible but I do not think that is anywhere in my future, ever. I joined a gym and started my weight training and cross training last week...I'm ready! Let's do this!!
  • amcollazo99
    Options
    If you SAY you will never be able to do something, odds are that you wont because you arent giving yourself enough motivation by saying you "can't". Never say never! I think you can do it!
    Hi everyone! My name is Eva, I live in California but I am originally from Indiana. I am 28 years old and I have struggled with my weight since high school. I was my heaviest sometime near my senior year when I weighed about 235, maybe a little more. (I'm about 5'10") I lost weight over the years, gained back a few pounds, plateaued in grad school a few years ago at about 212. I was so frustrated that I was pretty active most of my life but remained heavy. So last year I decided to get serious about my weight loss. I lost 25 pounds when I joined MFP and started road biking last summer! This summer I biked A LOT, and next year I will be racing. But I haven't lost ANY weight this summer. SOO frustrating. I know, I know..I've been converting fat in to muscle because I have gone down a size...but still I KNOW that I have more weight to lose, especially if I really want to be a competitive racer. I currently weigh 186 and I want to get down to at least 165. So I don't have 40 to lose but I thought this sounded like a good group to join! IF I lost 40 that would be incredible but I do not think that is anywhere in my future, ever. I joined a gym and started my weight training and cross training last week...I'm ready! Let's do this!!
  • Broknwings
    Broknwings Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi All, My name is Aviva, I'm 26 and I live in Nebraska. I have no children at the time, but my husband and I are looking to start a family. My goal is to drop about 95-110 lbs so that I can be in the best shape I can be in for when the time comes and Id love to be able to run a 5k with my husband one day. If anyone wants to add me, feel free to. = )
  • debiw1234
    Options
    Hi my name is Debi and tomorrow I will be 56! Yikes!!! LOL Anyway, I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I recently retired and I am starting my own business. I lost about 40 pounds late last year and early this year but I am slipping and I still have a lot to lose. I love the 40 pounds by Valentine's Day. It gives me incentive. I need help and support. I'm 5'10" and weigh 240. I need to lose 85 lbs. Add me as a friend if you want.

We can do this!!!
  • crayvalt
    Options
  • crayvalt
    Options
    Hello! I am super new to myfitnesspal (literally joined a few minutes ago!). I want to lose 40lbs by Valentines day! I'm about to turn 22 in a few days and I'm a college student in Chicago.

My story: I was an athlete my entire life, about 15 years, I played soccer year-round. My senior year of high school, I tore three ligaments in my knee which just about ended my career. After having surgery and physical therapy, I was as good as new, however was extremely hesitant to play again for fear of re-tearing.

Since then, I moved to the city and started school, and of course gained that "freshman 15". I was on birth control for a little while as well to regulate my menstruation (recommended by my doctor). That, of course made me gain weight as well and let me tell you, that is the HARDEST to get off!!

Any who, I met someone in college and we dated for about a year and a half. Becoming more comfortable with that person allowed both of us to gain a little "Date Weight" as well, haha. Unfortunately, that relationship turned sour, and before this turns into a Dr. Phil session, I'll just say, I was treated very unfairly and he turned into that stereotypical jerk. So, going through the hardest break up ever for the past few months was a bit terrible and definitely left me a little depressed.

As of now, I'm starting to find myself again and want to become a better person. With that, I really want to lose the weight. I'm 5'6 and weigh about 200lbs. I want to get down to 165. Some of you may still think that is high, but I weighed that in high school and was literally in the best shape of my life. It was all mainly muscle. I need this motivation and I hope you all can help me.

I'm doing this for me because I know I deserve better than what I've settled for the past few years. Valentines Day seems like the perfect goal date. Around that time, I'll be moving from the midwest to the west coast to finish out my last semester of college and hopefully start a career!! Also, let's be honest... who doesn't want to run into their ex looking FABULOUS! ..it's such a slap in the face, ha! I'm finally starting to find the motivation to become a happy and strong young woman again. I hope you all feel the same.

WE CAN DO THIS! :D

-Alicia
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am excited to be a part of this group! I love motivating others here on MFP, and interacting with, and supporting people with similar goals.

To lose 40 lbs would put me at my ultimate goal weight.

SW (start weight - Sept 10): 172
    GW (goal weight - Feb 14): 135

To reach my goals I am going through another cycle of the 30 Day Shred, and working on improving my eating habits. MOST importantly, I am working on changing the thoughts and beliefs that have led me to where I am today (and encouraging the ones that have helped me lose 73 lbs already).
    If you SAY you will never be able to do something, odds are that you wont because you arent giving yourself enough motivation by saying you "can't". Never say never! I think you can do it!
    This is the attitude of the group that I hope to see, and the reason I was motivated to join.

debiw1234... Happy early Birthday! :flowerforyou:
    As of now, I'm starting to find myself again and want to become a better person. With that, I really want to lose the weight.
    crayvalt... I'm on the "better person" journey as well. :smile: I'm reading a book that is more about attitude than anything, called "The Only Diet There Is" by Sondra Ray. I'm really enjoying it, and I bought it on Amazon for ONE CENT + shipping.
    I'm doing this for me because I know I deserve better than what I've settled for the past few years
    YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT PATH! :drinker: