good running shoe store in Tucson

Options
kelseyhere
kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
does anyone have experience buying running shoes in Tucson? I've started training for a half-marathon and it's time to get some serious shoes, but I don't know where to start. Interested in places that have knowledgeable staff that can help me find an appropriate shoe because I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm open to any recommendations you may have.

Thanks!

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    There's a New Balance store on Speedway...not called New Balance.

Alan's Shoe House
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I've had good experiences at Sports Authority. They have a large selection of shoes and one guy who helped us knew what he was doing
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I'll report back that I checked out Alan's, and while they seemed to know about walking shoes, not so much about running. I ended up going to Performance Footwear on Broadway by the Park Place Mall and had a great experience. They have you run barefoot on a treadmill and videotape how your foot hits the pavement. Then they play it back in slow-mo and give you suggestions based on that. I got a great pair of shoes, only problem is my size was out of stock so I have to wait until Wednesday to get them. I'd recommend Performance Footwear, all of the staff seemed highly knowledgable. Another bonus is that they'll actually let you go outside and run on the shoes before buying.