Work Outs in Rhode Island

Options
There is sooo much to do in Rhode Island! What are you fellow Rhodys doing to lose weight???

I joined Ultimate Bootcamp and work out in the mornings near downtown and take several Zumba classes around town. I loove the variety the city of Providence provides!!

Replies

• randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    I'm training for a spring duathalon and the bike path in Bristol has been a great place to train. Is anyone doing the CVS 5K this month? I had something else going on but I signed up fir the Monster Dash in October. I love that race won best zombie 2 years ago have a pretty good costume this year! Other then that I run 6 days a week and love the fall in R.I.
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! I have actually done the East Bay Bike Path before and loved it! It was such a nice ride.

I heard about the CVS 5K, but I'm going to be out of town for it...bummer!

Monster dash?! When and where is that? I'd love to hear more about it! I'm new to town so I dont know the annual events. My co-worker was telling me about another 5K that involves farmers and wearwolves? That sounded just fun to even watch! haha
    I'm training for a spring duathalon and the bike path in Bristol has been a great place to train. Is anyone doing the CVS 5K this month? I had something else going on but I signed up fir the Monster Dash in October. I love that race won best zombie 2 years ago have a pretty good costume this year! Other then that I run 6 days a week and love the fall in R.I.
  • randysbombshellgirl
    Options
    it's a 5K this year is on october 28th & it starts @ the convention cener. Its so much fun, they encourage costumes (as long as you can run in them) they have prizes for the best costumes a b and & all kinds of goodies. The web site is www.monsterdashrace.com/info/ hope you can make it.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I just work-out at home and walk around my area. There's tons of wooded trails where I live, so it's always an interesting walk.
  • susieq1266
    susieq1266 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, off of 44 I used to walk in a small park that had a 2 mile loop. I can't remember the name of it but, it had a small hidden playground, streams, small bridges...was nice!
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am walking the dogs on a daily basis and four to five times a week hitting the gym. The routine varies based on my schedule but I manage a spin class once a week, hit the elliptical machine twice a week and strength training two times a week.
  • Figs318
    Figs318 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Honestly, i am bored with rhode island. I dont know maybe being a boston native has me a little skewed, but i go to the gym where i work and me and my wife do zumba together. Thats about it for me.