Welcome!!

Options
txflea
txflea Posts: 11 Member
Welcome to all from this little slice of heaven... ok thats bunk..but welcome to the board :)

Please introduce yourself and feel free to ask questions.

No drama and feel free to talk about whatever :) No judgements here.

Replies

• txflea
    txflea Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Since this is my board I will start off.

Hi my name if Felecia and I REALLY REALLY like food.
    I now weight more than a small car... ok maybe not that much but I do feel that size. I guess I refused to see myself for my real size until my freaking 2x t-shirts started fitting too tight.
    Now I am starting to have some health problems, my feet are bothering me to walk on or move around. If I am sitting for long periods of time when I get up I feel like I am walking on metal or something. It's uncomfortable.
    But anyways I digress. I dont wanna sound all whiny, I did do this to myself. Ya know, those late night raids to the fridge, or those late night drive by snackings at Bucees.
    I am guilty as charged, instead of energy drinks or caffeine when I was working graveyards my go to ''stay awake'' was chocolate and candy. LOTS OF IT.
    Yeah it kept me awake but it didnt help with the waist line.
    I figure if Kevin Smith (a total idol of mine) can lose weight then so can I!
    Ok I have kinda gone off on a tangent here but WELCOME TO THE GROUP.. if anyone is brave enough to join...... lol
    Peace and chicken grease!
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi Felecia. I'm from Bay City.

My name is Mary. I am 30. I am married to my H.S. sweetheart. We have 3 kids. Pi is 7, Jo is 5, and Sky is 1. I am a SAHM but I am in graduate school online, FT. I started this journey to a "healthier me" after my back gave out on me one night. I litterally could not get up out of bed. It took a lot of tears and teeth gritting to push through the pain and stiffness to get up out of bed. I had only laid down for a few mins to chat with the hubs. I was only 26. That scared the bugeezes out of me. My dr told me to start some weight lifting and to lose the weight.... So I started off somewhere around 207 (or more, I refused to acknowledge I weighed more not preggo than I did preggo). After years of bumps, falls, victories, highs, lows, and set backs... I am 2 lbs away from my goal of 125.

Unfortunately, I still have lower back issues. I am able to relieve a little pain through movement and exercise. However, the pain is nothing like it was years ago. It is one of the motivators that gets me moving and eating healthier. I do not have anyone around me to be supportive. That is physically. I love my MFPers and Fbook groups. I don't really discuss my calorie counting or workouts with anyone outside of MFP and my fbook weightloss groups. But my change is obvious which attracts a lot of sneers and snickers. It gets lonely going against the grain, so to speak.

So I am glad to be here. :)
  • evangelinaaa
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Carmen and I have two kiddos and a Hubs. I live in LJ but I am from Arizona. I am trying to get healthy and feel good. I have been struggling a lot... so yup. I'm not really good at these things...
  • Scott2ndGradeTeacher
    Scott2ndGradeTeacher Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ...nothing to add here. but maybe by posting more LJers will drop in.
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Just looking for a group in the area to help motivate.